BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Did you put plugs in the car not to long ago sound like one is loose and blowing combuston gas past it. What is with DIY and leaving plugs loose if that is whats wrong I have had three in the shop this week.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you put plugs in the car not to long ago sound like one is loose and blowing combuston gas past it. What is with DIY and leaving plugs loose if that is whats wrong I have had three in the shop this week.
Hmm.... The last time that I changed the plugs was a year and a half ago when i hydrolocked my engine. I hope that this might be the case. Ill check first thing in the morning. Thx.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Hmm.... The last time that I changed the plugs was a year and a half ago when i hydrolocked my engine. I hope that this might be the case. Ill check first thing in the morning. Thx.
What, if any, work was done on the engine after you hydro-locked it? Will be interesting to see what Seth's response to this is now with this additional bit of information.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What, if any, work was done on the engine after you hydro-locked it? Will be interesting to see what Seth's response to this is now with this additional bit of information.
The only other work done to the engine after the hydrolock was the beisan seals from beisan systems for the vanos along with the valve cover gasket replacement. I did do seafoam treatment a couple months ago...

After having the engine hydrolocked i had changed the spark plugs and engine oil twice, then sent a sample of the oil to Blackstone labs for oil analysis, which came out with a postive report and what seemed to be a healthy running engine.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Oil analysis will not show a bent rob or other damage. Its going to be hard to tell by the video and sound clip. You may need to get someone more mechanically inclined to listen at the car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good help is hard to find

Problem fixed! Two of the plugs were finger loose! The last time that I had to change the plugs was after the hydrolocking, I had one of my friends change the plugs while i changed the oil. I told him not to over tighten them, so I guess he just straight up didnt tighten them well enough. So, I guess the lesson here is that it if you wont something done right, do it yourself!

Thank you so much Seth for recommending the plugs. I wish I was able to check this out a couple days ago right when you mentioned it, but was too busy. I was this close to bringing it to a Indy shop for diagnosis and man wouldve i looked stupid. Seth you are the man:bow:, you nailed it right on on your diagnosis. Anytime your in boston, beers on me!

Thank you fellow fanatics for the advise and Happy Motoring,
Alex

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Problem fixed! Two of the plugs were finger loose! The last time that I had to change the plugs was after the hydrolocking, I had one of my friends change the plugs while i changed the oil. I told him not to over tighten them, so I guess he just straight up didnt tighten them well enough. So, I guess the lesson here is that it if you wont something done right, do it yourself!

Thank you so much Seth for recommending the plugs. I wish I was able to check this out a couple days ago right when you mentioned it, but was too busy. I was this close to bringing it to a Indy shop for diagnosis and man wouldve i looked stupid. Seth you are the man:bow:, you nailed it right on on your diagnosis. Anytime your in boston, beers on me!

Thank you fellow fanatics for the advise and Happy Motoring,
Alex
been to boston twice this year. Teaching BMW training classes. I just got lucky but that is what it sounded like to me

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
You have a sick sense of humor with that signature

1 - 19 of 19 Posts