BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just slid into a parked honda hatch back. His rear bumper is cracked and not much damage to my car. I left him a big green note on his wind shield. Is that all I have to do? This is my first accident. Any help would be great. and How much a honda civic bumper cost???ball park figure??

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
a whole lot cheaper then a bmw one....but Id say less then 500 installed and painted...maybe they wont call and youll get lucky!

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
GarrettF said:
if the people didnt come out i would have drove away...sorry im not that ethical
rofl me too

·
'a certain moderator'
36,818 Posts
gotta worry about any bystanders seeing it, and calling the police and reporting the hit and run, or giving the info to the car owner...

some azzhole in brooklyn slammed into my 93 suburban while making a u-turn (it was early AM, car was parked) and took off down the street... only thing that allowed us to find him was that his license plate fell off at the scene :lmao:

-brendan

·
Registered
0 Posts
reminds me of the story where the note read...
"I just hit your car. The people around here saw me do it so they all think I am writing down my personal information so your insurance can contact my insurance, yada, yada, yada. Good luck paying for the damage. Later"

-snyds

·
Registered
919 Posts
snyds said:
"I just hit your car. The people around here saw me do it so they all think I am writing down my personal information so your insurance can contact my insurance, yada, yada, yada. Good luck paying for the damage. Later"

-snyds
LMAO, god that sucks. I cant help but laugh about that. sorryyyy

·
Registered
393 Posts
GarrettF said:
if the people didnt come out i would have drove away...sorry im not that ethical
I wanna see your face the time someone does this to your car and drives away................:thumbdwn:

·
needs a new sig...
4,662 Posts
beauport said:

I wanna see your face the time someone does this to your car and drives away................:thumbdwn:
Been there, Done that, Have the T-shirt...I was stressed but my insurance covered the damage in the end so it wasnt all that bad...i am just jaded form the entire situation:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
snyds said:

-snyds
HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! That's fantastic!!!

You could always just have sat in your car for a couple minutes "waiting" on the guy to come out so you could tell him what happened. If he didn't come shortly, just leave.

Because it's in your apt. complex then you probably did the right thing. You're dad will get over it later. I can't see the damages (if only bumper) running very high. Does the bumper need replaced??? Or just repainted? If replaced I still don't see it running higher than $300-$400 depending on where he takes it

·
Registered
589 Posts
aharper said:
Because it's in your apt. complex then you probably did the right thing.
You definitely did the right thing, and it's not just because it's your apt. complex. While it sucks to throw away $500 or whatever this may cost, this shouldn't be a matter of what you can get away with---it's a matter of taking responsibility for your actions. (BTW, consider paying for this out of pocket---it may cost you more in the long run if you file an insurance claim.)

I think your parents may be more understanding than you think---these things happen---and they should be proud of the way you handled it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
how did you slide into the parked car, was there ice or snow? If it's in an apartment complex the owner failed to get it plowed.....

Chip-

·
NWT Fanatic
758 Posts
You did the right thing by leaving a note. In the past I had seen somebody do the same thing to a nice car in a parking lot and drive away. Luckily I saw the liscence plate and was able to help the person out. Something you wouldn't want to have happen to you. Shouldnt be an expensive repair. Just make sure that the person doesnt try to mess you around for extra freebies.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I still had ZR tires on my type 44s.... I thought I could survive without getting snows... T.T well, I take 200%responsibility for this. I shouldnt have been driving anyways...thnx for the support guys

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
You did the right thing. Beats the hell out of a serious hit and run charge. The insurance penalty for a hit and run is so heavy you don't even want to think about it.

Its laughable that several people said they would just run away without leaving their contact info. I'm guessing that these are the same people that would be morally outraged if someone hit their BMW and just drove away.

What goes around, comes around.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
boilermaker, i think that you did the right thing :thumbup: paying a few hundred bucks is better than having a felony on your record if there are any witnesses. maybe the person you hit would be cool and it can be taken care without the need to contact the insurance companies so your insurance will not increase.

looks like your m-tech needs to come sooner than later though ...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts