E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I'm a brand new owner of a 2003 330i, and I couldn't be more excited about it. Overall, the car is mechanically sound with a few cosmetic issues from some less competent previous owners.

1. The third brake light (the light bar on the inside) is hanging down on one side giving it a crooked look when I brake. I took it apart and found I am missing the black clip that holds the light panel to the roof of the car. The cover plate over it is also missing the white circular peg that holds it onto the roof. I have been looking for the OEM clips but I'm having trouble locating a part number. The closest I've found is: 51418224781, but it does not list that it's for the brake light. Is it the same part? It looks quite similar. Do any of you know the part number for either of those two clips?

2. The right rear black side molding is missing. The green grommets are still there but I need to buy the molding and the necessary hardware too install. It's a fairly basic installation, correct? What clips must I buy to hold the molding on?

Thank you very much! If anyone has any advice on which brand and type of fluids they recommend putting in that would be awesome! (Oil, diff oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, etc) Just so I can have for my records when I need to change them.

Andrew

·
Registered
247 Posts
Take a look at realoem.com. Enter the last 7 digits of your vin. Look up the part to ensure exact fit with your year.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
1. The part number for the clips that hold 3rd brake light cover is 51411973500 or 51438189311. Go to realoem.com, plug in your car, check under Vehicle Trim -> Interior Equipment, Upper

There are several options for all the fluids. I suggest doing a search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.