BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i just bought a used OEM M3 bumper from Neal in the sales forum, we've been exchanging emails and he's assured me that the bumper will fit my 330Ci, will some minor adjustments, has anyone done this and has had a perfect fit, or is it all wacked? From my understanding, its about an inch or so wider on each side but can be adjusted from the inside. Is this install going to drive me mad or is it simple to do?

Also, if its going to be too much work, does anyone know of a great shop in Seattle that will do this kind of work and won't ask me for my arm in exchange? :) Thanks guys and hope you can help me with this, this will be my second mod on the car, next is the NR guages, than ACS shifter, brakes, pedals, than its the ACS Type III wheels!

pete

Attachments

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,434 Posts
Damn bro, I would have asked those questions before I made the purchase. Vin's right, that requires some serious work. Some one made a post about it a month or so ago and said it was a huge pain in the ass and wound up sending it back. Good luck though. Wish I had more difinitive answers...

·
name's PHIL
6,061 Posts
u

should have just bought the reiger front bumper.........closest m3 bumper match..........u r defintely gonna need fender work done..........g luck

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,759 Posts
You can either do fender work or modify the bumper corners. Do a search and all your questions will be answered.

Tim

·
Registered
789 Posts
i dont think ti shuld cost too much it costgs about 300 for the bumper so installation and labor cjarges shoudl be another 200-300 sumwhere around there. i think it was about the same cost as a reiger bumper

·
hammer talks like this
4,206 Posts
talk to portland dinan3 guy... i think he did this on a sedan? whoever it was they just modified the bumpers corners.... looked easy to do... LOOKED....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, thanks for all ur help guys!

i backed out of the deal, it hasn't been sent yet, man, you guys saved me hella time and work! gotta love this forum!

btw.....where's the cheapest place to get the reiger bumper? or what about the MVR ones? thanks again!

pete

·
Registered
556 Posts
Go with the Reiger its plastic. The MVR is fiberglass I believe but MVR offers an addon that you can mold or a full replacement bumper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts