E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i am going to install the 13" stoptech front bbk only, do i have to do anything to the rear to balance the brake system or is it fine just installing the front bbk and leave the rear as it is?? when i searched, i found sth called proportioning valve, what is that also?? thanks :thanks:

·
Registered
340 Posts
to balance, just go to a slightly more aggressive compound in the rear

UUC has a section about this on their site (in the BBK section) if you want to know more. You do not need an (adjustible) proportioning valve. It is a device used primarily in race cars to change front/rear brake balance on the fly to compensate for changing conditions. You would spend a ton of time trying to integrate this into your stock system (god knows how it would work with ABS and DSC) for a result that is completely unnecessary on a street driven car. Hope this helps. :thumbup:

·
1,043 Posts
bimmerguy2004 said:
hi guys, i am going to install the 13" stoptech front bbk only, do i have to do anything to the rear to balance the brake system or is it fine just installing the front bbk and leave the rear as it is?? when i searched, i found sth called proportioning valve, what is that also?? thanks :thanks:
My understanding is that the brake system (i.e., master cylinder, etc) is already set for this and you should have to change anything - the difference shouldnt be a major issue since the brake bias must be toward the front first and foremost. Who did you buy the stoptechs from - definitely call that person to ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.