E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car has had these after market led rear lights since I got it everything has been okay till they stopped working, I figured out it was due to this small black box I believe to be what stops the canbus error showing on the dash. The lights are about 200 quid so I don’t want to buy a whole new set just for a small box. The box has been cases in resin so I couldn’t even open it up and fix it that way if anyone can help me find a replacement or knows where I could possibly get one I’d appreciate it a lot, here’s some pics of the lights and box I mentioned

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
The E46 doesn't use the CAN bus for lighting-
the LCM does the load checking internally, then
talks on the K bus to the dash.

Given that there are a lotta resistors on the boards already, that might be a driver.

t

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The E46 doesn't use the CAN bus for lighting-
the LCM does the load checking internally, then
talks on the K bus to the dash.

Given that there are a lotta resistors on the boards already, that might be a driver.

t
From what I can tell it’s actually a resistor to stop the dash showing a light error. I’ve found a fix for the issue I’m having on another forum post Here

going to have a go at it tomorrow and see if it helps I’m having the same issue as stated in the post where it works again if pressure is applied.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Mine started playing up and found this post 😂 anyone ever find a solid replacement, thinking of giving the original fix a go tomorrow as mine has the same issues with squeezing the box which turns the lights back on.

also does this fix the turn signal light aswell as that has stopped working completely for me,even though I’ve got the others working by squeezing the box

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement for my eagle eye tail lights resistor as one side has packed up

·
Registered
57 Posts
That doesn't look like a resistor to me. The two components on the left look like capacitors. There's obviously more components under that pc board. I'd pop that cover off and look for anything burnt or swollen.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That doesn't look like a resistor to me. The two components on the left look like capacitors. There's obviously more components under that pc board. I'd pop that cover off and look for anything burnt or swollen.
You can’t they are stuck in with resin there’s a thread I found on fixing them which I managed to do I also got hold of some new ones

1 - 7 of 7 Posts