E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. (I just posted the same thread in the BIGGER general forum, too.)

I need help. I tried the search function but it was of no avail.

Problem:
Engine light came on... Car (2002 330i) stutters and feels like if it is going to turn off on idle. When I drive, car is not responsive when I step on the gas pedal and accelerates at a slow rate. It won't speed up like it should- It speeds up, more like constant but slow until it reaches the speed I want to go!!

So, now car is in my garage.

What could the problem be?

I visually checked the hood and the underside but did not notice anything abnormal.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Also, any recommendations on a "good" and "fair" BMW auto repair center on SoCal? (I'm in the LA-Whittier area but can travel if needed.)

Thank you, for reading.

·
Registered
0 Posts
good be a number of things.. but u should check what code the check engine light is giving out.. some theories would be

your air filter to clogged and not getting enough air

there is a leak in air line in either Secondary Air Pump

the fuel pump aint working as effiencently or fuel filter is clogged

one of ur Ignition coil is misfiring

those are the ones on the top of my head.. maybe u need a tune up to.. sometimes it doesnt run as strong when ur not consistent with tune ups.. other than that.. just check the codes and see what it gives u .

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sounds like fuel filter or fuel pump...also your Air mass sensor. Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts