BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is my first head unit replacement attempt. While Avin's site is pretty good at the order step, their DIY guides are near awful, in that they are combining multiple guides created by other people, sometimes for other brands altogether.

So, I ordered the Wireless backup camera components on their site. It comes with both the actual camera license plate light replacement (which I found out doesn't even fit the vert), and the wireless receiver and transmitter.

I am trying to figure out the best way to wire this configuration with the Avant 4.

My existing unit is OEM, with NO Nav system.

I have both the BUS modules,the IBUS and the other one that I think translates steering wheel commands into instructions for the unit....I read this unit has the Reverse trigger embedded into it....but I also read that you need to connect the Blue Wire from the wireless receiver into the reverse wire that is pink...

Argh!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
2.4GHz Wireless Backup / Reverse Camera Video Transmitter

• 100% brand new, High quality
• Easy installation
• Convert any reversing camera with a standard RCA connector into a wireless camera with this universal transmitter and receiver kit
• Eliminates the need to run a cable the length of the vehicle, just connect the transmitter at the camera end and the receiver at the monitor end
• Wireless transmitter with male RCA plug and male 3.5mm power plug for supplying power to the camera
• Wireless receiver with male RCA plug for connection to monitor

How to install :

• Connect the wireless module (TRANSMITTER) to your camera via the two cables - YELLOW plug for video output and RED plug for power
• Connect the wireless module (TRANSMITTER) to the reverse light of your car to get power - The small red wire(Power+) connects to the reverse lights positive wire. The small black (Power-) connects the car's reverse lights negative(ground) wire.
• Connect the wireless module (RECEIVER) to your car monitor - YELLOW RCA plug into backup camera input
• Connect the wireless module (RECEIVER) BLUE wire to "REVERSE" wire on back of head unit's cable harness
• Connect the wireless module (RECEIVER) the Small Red (power+) wire can be tapped to the RED ACC wire on the back of the head units cable harness. The Small Black (Power-) wire can be tapped to the black ground wire from the units cable harness.
• You will see the camera view when your car is in reverse shift avin_2.4ghz_wireless_video_transmitter_6.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts
Pink reverse.jpg

That Pink Reverse to the Reverse light positive on the wireless device ;)

reverse.jpg

I used these connections for the backup camera "orange one" and not the pink as shown above

·
Registered
176 Posts
And also you going to need to give the camera/light a haircut to match the angle of the camera "back side" some fool has made a million of these without even testing if they fit :banghead:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am so sorry to re-open this discussion, but Avin is lacking technical support and I've tried to fix this for months.
I am having trouble with the receiver, because the sender is working and I get video in reverse.
The blue wire from the receiver is always giving a positive signal, even though I am not in reverse.
I have connected the negative wire to the black GND and the positive wire to CAMERA B+.
The blue wire is connected to the pink REVERSE.

This is resulting in video in reverse, but a exclamation mark in a warning triangle when in neutral gear.

Please respond if you have any input, I would be glad to try anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts