E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a 1999 328i a few weeks ago and I just had my first problem yesterday. I changed the oil last night, and the guy doing it told me the coolant was low and he added like a cup of water, which didn't seem like a big deal. On my way home the check engine light came on, which did so a few times before but would turn off after a restart, but this time it continued. I drove to autozone and got the code p1622, they had no idea what it was. I checked on the forum and it seems like a Map cooling error, most people replaced their thermostats and were fine, but I was just wondering if this code has anything to do with the mechanic adding a cup of water to my coolant, like did he mess up the ratio and now it is throwing the code? Or if indeed it is my thermostat. The car seems to be operating fine though, the temperature needle reads in the middle and the car drives fine. Please help! thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
hmm

SAE Code P1622
BMW-Specific Code 123
Description Electric Thermostat Control, Final Stage

was pulled from http://www.my330i.com/odb2a.php

Sounds like the Thermostat, wasn't there a recall for that vehicle model and year for the Tstat? Someone who's more knowledgeable will chime in shortly I'm sure!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts