E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys i am a newbie here and there is a silver 2005 E46 Convertible 320 ci
I wanted to know before i buy it what to look for and issues i would find and common and uncommon ones, the car came from Hamburg, Germany has 160K kilometers and overall condition is super nice and clean car, Thank you in advance ☺

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I guess you have no service records.
Look at the top of the e46 General home page for links to maintenace schedule. Read that for inspiration.

·
Registered
62 Posts
With the vert, you not only need to be attentive to the normal E46 issues like cooling system and not normal maintenance items, but you have to be aware of the convertible top items as well. I have a 2005 with 105K miles, bought at 80K and I replaced all fluids, fuel filter, fuel pump, sparks, belts, some simple cosmetic items, intake tubes, some gaskets, VANOS etc. It was fun learning about the how to do things, but mostly those are not normal maintenance, but are wear and tear items. I have been fortunate to not have top issues (where is my piece of wood?!!!). Make sure the top works and check the wire harness if you can.
GET A PPI. Be prepared and want to do some of these things yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the vert, you not only need to be attentive to the normal E46 issues like cooling system and not normal maintenance items, but you have to be aware of the convertible top items as well. I have a 2005 with 105K miles, bought at 80K and I replaced all fluids, fuel filter, fuel pump, sparks, belts, some simple cosmetic items, intake tubes, some gaskets, VANOS etc. It was fun learning about the how to do things, but mostly those are not normal maintenance, but are wear and tear items. I have been fortunate to not have top issues (where is my piece of wood?!!!). Make sure the top works and check the wire harness if you can.
GET A PPI. Be prepared and want to do some of these things yourself.
Well noted, i insepcted it visually and Top works effortlessly, car sound fine and drives fine no weird sounds from anything
But definitely i would get it to a shop and read this thread well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts