BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can't beleive but I was backing out of my garage and pulled a "wife" move and scraped my right front bumber against the garage!!! Doh!!!! And I always teased my wife when she did this many years ago. Oh well, the damage is very very minor but my bumper is stickin out a little.

Aside from a white streak of paint from my garage the bumber is fine but the bumper came off the clips that attach it to the car.

Does anyone know a good but inexpensive shop in Northern VA to puch my bumper back on at?

·
Registered
184 Posts
arh1000 said:
Does anyone know a good but inexpensive shop in Northern VA to puch my bumper back on at?
The two tend not to go together... Lots of chatter about local body shops on www.eastcoastbmw.net Might want to "Search" there... Wagonworks comes up again and again as "great", but Expensive...

·
Registered
48 Posts
As an extremely satisfied customer, I'll second that Wagonworks can't be beat for quality. Unfortunately, they definitely can be beat for price....
Just depends on how good you want your car to look and who's insurance is paying for it...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the update. Price is secondary to quality as it should be. Of course, this is probably why all of us bought a BMW instead of something else.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
First Choice in Arlington right near BMW of Arlington is the best body shop I have ever been to I got rear ended in my 02 when it was brand new and they replaced the bumper you cant tell any diffrence, but they are kinda pricey, and have a bit of wait time...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Re: Re: Need front bumper repair in Northern VA

I had my hood redone at WagonWorks after it was damaged. I have titanium silver which you can't tell from a distance that it has been repainted but close up you see the texture is different which they told me ahead of time no one will be able to reproduce since from the factory it is dipped. I did have some slight flaking but the three or four flakes is less than the hundreds of rock chips I had before so I haven't complained yet. They do provide a good paint warranty but yes their price is higher on the labor charge by like 10-15% I recall. They seemed to be good people. My car was damaged by another driver there though, the space is very tight there. Do a search, I posted feedback on them.

Salvator said:

The two tend not to go together... Lots of chatter about local body shops on www.eastcoastbmw.net Might want to "Search" there... Wagonworks comes up again and again as "great", but Expensive...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts