E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have a 530 or familiar driving one. I am just trying to get a feel for how different the handling is (both stock) between the two cars. Obviously, due to its higher weight, the 530 will be a bit slower - but I just wanted some insight into how different the ride between the two really is.

TIA

Chris

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Well I almost got the 530 over my car, its a great car, handles good, but has a little role, a bit mor then the coupe (higer center of gravity, heavier weight0 The car rides great though luxurious while still being a sporty sedan. If you need 4 doors thats what I would get over a 330i, better car in my opinion

·
Registered
985 Posts
the most noticible difference is when you cross lanes on the freeway.. the 5 would feel a lot more stable while the 3 might shanke a little due to the light weight. We have both cars in the family... and i must say the 3 is MUCH lighter on its feet..

as for the luxury... i'm not a big person... 6'0 165lbs... the 3 fits me perfectly in terms of leg, head, shoulder room.. i don't sit in the back of my 3.. but most people that does are very surprised at the ammount of rear room that my coupe has..

price wise.. i think u get more out of the 5... but it really depends on what you want..

in response to tpzblu330ci... i must say there is aLOT more roll... especially when turning in on-ramps of freeways... i feel less safe taking turns at higher speeds..

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
TheFallen said:
in response to tpzblu330ci... i must say there is aLOT more roll... especially when turning in on-ramps of freeways... i feel less safe taking turns at higher speeds..

Yes we have a 528i in teh family and I drive a 530i atleast 2 or 3 times a month, and I would not say it hs A LOT more roll, but it doesn have a more noticeable roll to it, by no means to i feel unsafe though, but I actually know the car is really being pushed.

Edit- Both 5s I drive have Sport Package and 5-spds the same as my car

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
my dad has a 530i. basically what everyone said is true. its really up to you if you want a bigger car or a smaller one. you cant go wrong though!!

·
moderation in all things
898 Posts
540i :D :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts