E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reveived a set of angel eyes for my facelift coupe, from my gf who purchased them from ModBargains. I tried installing them today. And I got nowhere.. I also took one of the headlights off thinking I would be baking them as well, but didn't get there.

I used this website as a guide, http://www.fastm.com/m3/angeleyes.html and it helped me out for the most part, but now with everything...

First, everything looked much easier in the pictures and directions, nothing worked out as a direct fitment lol. When I finally got everything hooked up, the angel eyes wouldn't come on! :bawling:

So I got some pictures and questions, and I really hope someone can help me out!

To begin, they are the CCFL ones, the ballasts didn't have the right connectors to begin with but I got the right ones that worked..

Then, I came across a wire that had no mounting location, or no place for me to connect it to, i tried looking through the pics of the forum above and didn't find anything.

Where does this wire connect to? Also, the relay's metal holder does not give enough room to mount it, all the nuts are too big. What is the best way to mount it then?should I just superglue the metal piece to the back of the relay?

the trigger wire i connected into the ECU box..

These are the other pictures of the setup...

Driver's Side

Did I do something wrong? Is there something else that I need to do? Please help me out! I want to have it done friday.. I'm also gonna try and contact someone from the ModBargains and hopefully get a hold of a tech that can assist me as well.

·
Registered
30,014 Posts
that brown wires goes to the footwell for the remote function.

make sure the ecu tap is good. if so, make sure the fuse is good and has a good connection.

after you rebake your headlights and everything, come down on friday and i'll help you out lol

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
did you check to see if the fuse holder had a fuse lol
it did lol
I found another DIY for the remote wire, I'm really hoping that it will solve my problem.. will post updates..

another thing... what is the best way to mount the ballasts? and where? would double sided tape be good enough? cuz there's no way of drilling holes in them, or do I need to create some kind of a holder for them?

·
Registered
30,014 Posts
it did lol
I found another DIY for the remote wire, I'm really hoping that it will solve my problem.. will post updates..

another thing... what is the best way to mount the ballasts? and where? would double sided tape be good enough? cuz there's no way of drilling holes in them, or do I need to create some kind of a holder for them?
double sided tape and put them on top of the headlight, under the radiator support bar

·
Registered
30,014 Posts
I tried that first as well, and after a short while the tape didn't hold... I just zip tied them to the wiring harnesses next to the lights......
held fine for me. i taped up the whole ballast with electrical tape usually so that it's somewhat waterproofed, then use my own 3m double sided tape. never had a problem, except when taking it off. sometimes it's really stuck in there.

also, you're putting it under the radiator support bar, there's basically a crevice for it, and you shove the existing wires under it. pretty much just holds itself in place. you don't even need the tape.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when baking the lights.. where should I run the wires from to the outside of the headlight? in the instructions it says to run them through the rubber boot? i guess ill play around it some more if i don't get an answer..

·
Registered
30,014 Posts
when baking the lights.. where should I run the wires from to the outside of the headlight? in the instructions it says to run them through the rubber boot? i guess ill play around it some more if i don't get an answer..
what do you mean? you mean for the angels right? after you put them in. and are ready to bake the 2 pieces together. thread the wires through the headlight. it doesn't matter where you make it come out whether the high beam opening or lowbeam (i typically use the lowbeams).

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what do you mean? you mean for the angels right? after you put them in. and are ready to bake the 2 pieces together. thread the wires through the headlight. it doesn't matter where you make it come out whether the high beam opening or lowbeam (i typically use the lowbeams).
can i run the wire through that low beam opening that we have for the light? it's like a cap that opens, it doesn't seem like a very tight fit so i think i'll be able to run the wires out through there.. that's the only place that i was thinking of.

·
Registered
30,014 Posts
can i run the wire through that low beam opening that we have for the light? it's like a cap that opens, it doesn't seem like a very tight fit so i think i'll be able to run the wires out through there.. that's the only place that i was thinking of.
yes. if you you're still concerned about them being crimped under the cap, just cut a little slot for the wires.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes. if you you're still concerned about them being crimped under the cap, just cut a little slot for the wires.
koo thats exactly what I was thinking but wasn't sure.. thanks!

just waiting for the tint spray to dry, not the best job on the it, looks dotty and blurry upclose, not sure why maybe not enough time to dry but will be good from a distance, i hope! then gotta spray the clear coat, and put the lights back together..

·
Registered
30,014 Posts
koo thats exactly what I was thinking but wasn't sure.. thanks!

just waiting for the tint spray to dry, not the best job on the it, looks dotty and blurry upclose, not sure why maybe not enough time to dry but will be good from a distance, i hope! then gotta spray the clear coat, and put the lights back together..
just wetsand it between coats to get an even finish. then clean and clearcoat. it's usually dotty because the spray gets clumped up when it comes out of the can. had that happen to me a lot. the nozzle just sucks. as for it being blurry, i'm not sure what you mean. mine was kind of flat and hazy, but that's normal. the clear will take care of that.

also for the clear, 2 light coats. then do a heavy coat. and you should make sure the thing is dried and aired out. don't want you to be posting: "my oven blew up in my face today" lol

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.