BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so im considering trading in my car for a new one/slightly used.. I've never done a trade in before, but before i do i have a question/need advise. long story short, I hit a curb. Ended up having to replace lower control arm, inner outer tie rods, lower control arm bushing, sway bar link, strut and get an alignment done. Went to a wheel repair shop and said the face of the rim is bent and I'm better off buying a new wheel rather then spending $150 to not even properly fix mine. It would cost roughly around $250 to replace it. Im wondering. Is it worth fixing then trading or should i just trade as is? it does make a funny noise when going down the road. kinda like outbalance wheel would sound/feel. I'm just not trying to dump more money than i already have and not get it back. Thanks for any advise! :ben:

Also, if you have a style 71 wheel/rim for sale. id gladly take it off your hands :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Most dealers don't bother to resell the trade-ins on their lot, and instead will auction them off. I've had to tow one of my trade-ins to the dealer because i seized the engine by driving through water.

If you were trying to sell the car for cash, getting it fixed up would be worthwhile. Trading in to the dealer, just dump it. They won't give you what you paid to fix the problem.

Granted, someone who has worked at a dealership may offer a more informed opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts