BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy put some dents and scratches in my passenger-side doors and insurance is going to cover the cost.

Since the cost is covered, I'd appreciate some recommendations about great body/paint shops, since the repair requires some tough dent-pulls, and paint matching. BMW Seattle recommended Pacific Auto body and Metro Auto body. Pacific Auto body seemed respectable when I got a quote (If not a little pricey). Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Authentic Refinishing
3505 148th Street Southwest
Lynnwood, WA 98087-1921
(425) 582-8290 POC Rich

Items on my car ive had painted by him:
-Entire front end-Twice
-Vorst. CSL Bumper w/race lip
-Tail lights
-Trunk
-Drivers Side door
-OEM bumper w/strass lip.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Automotive Images in Fife. Brandon, the owner is a super nice guy and specialize in restorations and insurance claims. He was the only shop that could perfectly paint match my Imola Yellow GTI.

He also drag races and hold 9 world records... the dude is awesome. Pricing is reasonable, and he's up for negotiating. Again, great guy to work with.

FWIW,
I had a couple cars repaired at Bel-Red Auto Rebuild and was not very impressed with their work. I only went there since my insurance company preferred them. I will never go there again. Expensive and the work isn't worth the money.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Authentic Refinishing
Lynnwood, WA 98087-1921
(425) 582-8290 POC Rich

-Entire front end-Twice
-Tail lights
-Trunk
-Drivers Side door
+1 for Rich in lynnwood :boink:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Authentic Refinishing
Lynnwood, WA 98087-1921
(425) 582-8290 POC Rich

-Entire front end-Twice
-Tail lights
-Trunk
-Drivers Side door
+1 Rich is the man! Does all my paint work!!:woot:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great! Thanks for all the advice - sounds like the consensus is Authentic Refinishing in Lynnwood. There are a few other minor paint blemishes/dings on the car that were on my car before I bought it. Is it reasonable to try and barter to get those fixed as well? Any advice on how to approach getting those fixed at less than full price, since I'm already giving them some business?

·
Registered
33 Posts
This might be a little late, but my 2 cents.

Haury's Lake City collision. Specializes in BMW repairs. They do great work.

I've seen the work they have done for other Bimmers, really good work. And they are "Pro-consumer," which means they will fight ins companies for you.

http://haurys.info/wp/

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Great! Thanks for all the advice - sounds like the consensus is Authentic Refinishing in Lynnwood. There are a few other minor paint blemishes/dings on the car that were on my car before I bought it. Is it reasonable to try and barter to get those fixed as well? Any advice on how to approach getting those fixed at less than full price, since I'm already giving them some business?
Just tell rich that Bryan, Mookie and Ravi sent you..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts