E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Recently put a new head unit in my car. an 00 328ci. pretty much all original speakers are blown and sounds bad when the music is somewhat loud. anyways I see so many options online for speakers and was wondering if anybody recommends anything, also does anybody know the exact sizes for all the speakers? thanks. Im looking for something good that's gonna sound good but not gonna break the bank to much.

·
Registered
2001 330xi
927 Posts
What I'd do: Just go on crutchfield and select your car, then select speakers that are within your price range and have good reviews.

·
Registered
2001 E46 330i Sedan
384 Posts
I know there are many speakers to choose from, but the mounting holes on our car are different. All stock speakers have 3 mounting holes, aftermarket have standard 4 holes.

·
Registered
102 Posts
There’s bavsound as an option. I have the HK system and I’ve been thinking about this company. They’re direct replacements without any modification. I can’t speak to the quality though

·
Registered
540 Posts
There’s bavsound as an option. I have the HK system and I’ve been thinking about this company. They’re direct replacements without any modification. I can’t speak to the quality though

+1
I’ve also been looking at Bavsound. I’m gonna end up going with them when I decide to upgrade. Great reviews, direct replacements, simple installs.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
4,432 Posts
It’s too bad they don’t sell their trunk sub upgrade for the e46 anymore
Yeah, I have one and that's the one thing that brought my entire system to life. I bought the 10 speaker stage 1 upgrade first and it really didn't do anything for the audio in my E46. Then I added the 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate amp and removable sub enclosure and what a difference. It even rattled out a couple of my licence plate bracket nutserts...

That was 12 years ago and still sounds awesome.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
+1
I’ve also been looking at Bavsound. I’m gonna end up going with them when I decide to upgrade. Great reviews, direct replacements, simple installs.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
That's an option but they are expensive almost 500 dollars, but it is a whole system so i guess that price is pretty good.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I installed the full Bavsound package years ago. Pricey but everything fits perfectly and it sounds great. I don't regret the cost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, Recently put a new head unit in my car. an 00 328ci. pretty much all original speakers are blown and sounds bad when the music is somewhat loud. anyways I see so many options online for speakers and was wondering if anybody recommends anything, also does anybody know the exact sizes for all the speakers? thanks. Im looking for something good that's gonna sound good but not gonna break the bank to much.
ESX actually make 165cm 3 hole speakers specifically for the E46. (Called ESX VS 165 Vision for bmw 3 series)

They are German and the specs are good and heaps cheaper.. they have component and 'woofers' (ie: mid bass for rear deck/doors).

Not as cheap as buying some off crotchfield and fiddling around with spacers and insulation and splicing wires and trying to match ohms..

For the extra couple hundred at least they are German, are plug n play... and they kick like an angry mule!

Sent from my SM-G935F using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Super Moderator
1,917 Posts
Bavsound is having a 15% off sale until June 30. By no means a bargain, But I did just buy the Stage 1 upgrade I have been looking at for a while.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts