E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought this 10pc kit for my 01 325i, after going over a dip too fast the steering wheel started to wobble around left/right between 30-40mph only mainly when decellerating. Also I check my control arms a good year before this and they were bent/warped.

This is what I bought:

My question is, I also wanted to buy a set of front struts as well as 2 front strut mounts. Since my car is already lowered will a set of new struts affect this at all if I don't mess with the springs? I think I have vogtland springs now and struts but unsure as they were installed prior to me buying the car.

The reason I want to do this also is the car is very bumpy in the front and bottoms out way too easy w/ 2 people in the car even going 4mph over a big speed bump.

PS> if anyone knows someone in Orange County, CA who can do the repair for me I'm willing to pay what's fair please contact if you can help with that:
[email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
how do you know they are bent or warped? Did you remove them and compare to new ones?
find out what struts you have and buy the same ones.
If you want to change your ride height, you'll have to replace all springs; if you have coilovers, change the height and take it in for an alignment.

Vollig products? Never heard of them before

·
Registered
0 Posts
sounds like you have bad front control arm bushings. about a year ago there was a member who tracked his m3 with those same bushing. He posted pictures of the red insert that were cracked, called the company and they sent him new ones that deformed and cracked quicker then before.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure about the quality of the kit you bought. That is really really cheap. That's almost the price for one OEM control arm.
Well he's sold tons and every review is positive. The car is going on 12 years old, I'm not going to over invest into it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ehh I personally wouldn't chance it with cheap suspension parts off eBay but to each his own. I'm about to do my controls arms soon too. Trying to eliminate my pirate ship creaking sounds.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Well he's sold tons and every review is positive. The car is going on 12 years old, I'm not going to over invest into it.
Over time it has been proven that most aftermarket parts will fail prematurely, and you will end up paying twice as much as a result. Of course this isn't the case with ALL aftermarket parts, unless it's a brand that has been used before with good results I would stay away. Your car, your choice of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.