BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I recently purchased some PG3's that were in awesome shape until the owner took them to Discount to have the tires removed. Well the @#[email protected]# morons aparently put a crowbar of some sort to get the tires off and now there are marks on the lips.

I bought the rims from the guy with the notion that he will pay half of the repairs if they can be...

I asked wheelpower and truwheels and they said that they can't replace the finish (clearcoating) on the lips and the next best thing to do is to polish them. The price would be 200 a wheel plus shipping. Totally not worth the money because I can just buy some other ones cheaper elsewhere.

I don't want to be a **** and return these so does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Daniel Nguyen

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
200/wheel for polishing is a little expensive..
shop around..
Also try other wheel repair places...sometimes it's not necessary to do a complete repolish...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they say you have to completely remove the center piece and that requires a special tool as well as knowledge about proper torque.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Do you have pictures...sometimes they exaggerate....if it's just the outer lips and there's no structural bends....it shouldn't be necessary to separate the pieces...do ask the shop to pay at least half of it though because they are the ones that removed the tires...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah they say they will pay for half the repairs. i will post pics soon. the problem with polishing is that i will lose the clearcoat so that means i will have to repolish all four.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
A good wheel place should be able to fix them if it's just the cosmetic damage...on the rim...it's the center that's harder to fix I believe.....so dont worry should be no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts