BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I'm thinking about getting a new muffler and I'll be getting a Magnaflow, the link below is the muffler I'm thinking of getting.
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=10427

I've been looking at some forums, and people always mention a resonator delete when it comes to exhaust modification. So I go on Youtube to see how Bimmers sound with a resonator delete and they sound deeper with a resonator delete.
People say to remove both then most say to just remove the 2nd resonator, then the back pressure situation comes up. I dont know what to do, I know my car will sound slightly deep with a new muffler but I would like to shoot for a deeper sound.

Please help me out with some advice.
Thanks

I would like my car to sound like this.:thumbup:
(Both resonators removed, with X-pipe, and Magnaflow muffler)
http://youtu.be/y3atsod6xas

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I removed only the resonator closest to the muffler and put on a magnaflow muffler. Sounds great, not to loud. Search for my youtube channel username "MMAfiaV" pretty sure I have a few exhaust clips up on there.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have a magnaflow with rear resonator delete, I don't like how they sound with a muffler delete, you get that air suction sound when you let off the throttle. mine has a slight throaty sound at idol but when I get on it it sounds nice, not ricey or raspy. almost sounds like the vid but i don't get that pop, and I passed cali smog fine, resonator doesn't play with smog. I would start with a rear resonator delete with magnaflow, and get a intake if you don't have one already helps with sound, wait a month for the muffler to brake in, and if you don't like it and want it louder remover 1st resonator too.

·
Registered
7,110 Posts
magnaflow with resonator delete sounds pretty good, there's a bit of drone though but not too bad

·
Registered
857 Posts
Loved the way my car sounded with muffler + 2nd resonator deleted. quiet at idle but really opens up when you push on the gas. non ricey too. This is one of the cheaper mods to do so try a little at a time until you find the right sound you want. Also dont worry about the back pressure debate. Never notice anything but pure smiles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts