E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was down at the bodyshop today getting the CSL Front bar fitted when the foreman pointed out to me I had a HUGE dent in my roof. Tyey want $1800 for a replacement which in my book is hell expensive - anyone know where I can get one cheap..?:hmm:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
... foreman pointed out to me I had a HUGE dent in my roof. Tyey want $1800 for a replacement which in my book is hell expensive - anyone know where I can get one cheap..?:hmm:
Curious....did you notice this huge dent on your roof before taking your ///M to the shop? :confused:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Unless there is a crease in the sheet metal, you'll probably be able to get it repaired. Bring it somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
CF roof for sure.. i suggest you call around and get install prices prior to buying .. this is one of those "left field" installs for most shops.. quotes are gonna be all over the place. when i called around the Seattle area i was getting prices from $800-$2900...

P.S
thats BS how do you NOT notice a dent in ur roof!! dont let them do the work.. i call BS on that one..find a new shop as well as take it to see if it can be pushed out somehow.. post pics.

·
Registered
763 Posts
So I was down at the bodyshop today getting the CSL Front bar fitted when the foreman pointed out to me I had a HUGE dent in my roof. Tyey want $1800 for a replacement which in my book is hell expensive - anyone know where I can get one cheap..?:hmm:
Is this for real?

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,365 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is a sikkk csl roof. Anyone know where I can get one cheap cheap cheap shipped to Australia ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My M3 now has the full csl kit ~ Except for the roof! DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A CF ROOF CHEAP.??

I wil lpost pics shortly of how I have gone from stock, to bling, to completely murdered out... :)))

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
:hi:

Niiiiice!
thanks, man.

That is a sikkk csl roof. Anyone know where I can get one cheap cheap cheap shipped to Australia ?
csl and cheap don't go together unfortunately.

oem csl and cheap really don't go together.

if you want an oem csl roof (and imo, for the roof, that is the only option one should consider), then i suggest finding a source in germany. you can try your luck with ca-automotive but folks have had mixed experiences. i am not sure if they are posted here, but there are plenty (both good and bad) experience/review threads on m3f.c

I cannot wait to see this finished. The level of detail is stunning. :clap:
i can't wait either. i am in the process of ordering the last exterior cf piece. it has been a bit elusive especially in 1x1 weave to match custom hartge lower cf piece in the front, grills, oem csl diffuser, and oem csl roof....but by tomorrow, my "misison" to secure the custom order should be complete.

My M3 now has the full csl kit ~ Except for the roof! DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A CF ROOF CHEAP.??

I wil lpost pics shortly of how I have gone from stock, to bling, to completely murdered out... :)))
see my comments above.

a cheap (price-wise), decent quality rep of the oem csl roof would be vorsteiner's imo. i would just go with oem csl. the fit and finish are unparalleled, in part, due to the very nature of being oem. in actuality, the labor to install a roof can cost just as much if not more than the roof. furthermore, if the installation is done properly (and i have yet to see a proper installation of the roof in terms of not only removing the oem sheet metal and removing weld "bumps" but also installing the oem csl roof, caulking, priming, painting, etc. without taking the short cut of "filling" with glue, etc.), the labor cost, including the "right" materials, such as epoxy, caulk, etc., could be well over $2k. it all depends on what you want and how much you care about its being done properly. some are in the camp of not caring too much about proper installation (i.e. like from the factory) since they remark that the roof is not the main weight bearing structure on the e46. well, one might agree with that remark but i would still suggest having it done right. the only problem is, again as i mentioned above, i have yet to see it done perfectly right. the one exception is the shop that did mine. this is not to toot my own horn; rather, i was amazed at the level of detail and care taken by the shop to put the roof on. several weeks were taken by the shop to research, confirm, reconfirm, etc. those hours do not show on my bill. that is even more amazing since my current tab is based on a flat hourly rate in addition to the shop's cost of materials....but i am rambling....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts