BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm still new to this whole bmw thing so this question might sound idiotic and until my manual comes in, i'm going to keep asking dumb questions. well anyways....you know how the side mirrors rotates down...well does both side move down or just the passenger side? on my car the passenger one only moves down and when it does, it doesnt go back to the same positon i set it. so im always having to change it back. any help will be appreciated. thanks.

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,910 Posts
only the passenger side should rotate down when you shift into reverse.
as for returning to its original position, mine does but its not exactly where I had originally set it. I'm not sure if thats what you mean, or do you mean it stays tilted down?

·
name's PHIL
6,061 Posts
ecpskate2 said:
i'm still new to this whole bmw thing so this question might sound idiotic and until my manual comes in, i'm going to keep asking dumb questions. well anyways....you know how the side mirrors rotates down...well does both side move down or just the passenger side?

NOPE........only the passener side mirrors tilts down

and it should go back to whatever u had set it before when u put it back in drive

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea well it rotates back up but it wont go back to what i set it at before. just slightly different. i love the feature but having to change it back to my original setting is sort of annoying. thanks for you guys help.

·
next mod: recaro child seat
2,230 Posts
as stated, only the passenger side tilts...it's to help you see the curb when you are parallel parking...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts