E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Need a little help selecting parts for E46 clutch and flywheel replacement

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  wb1978 
#1 · (Edited)
E46fanatics,

I'm a Euro bmw e46 driver. I want to change my clutch on my E46 320 125kW Touring Euro (same clutch as 325Ci US).
It has been in there for 130k miles and doesn't feel great. Shocks and studders a bit, grindy feeling in the pedle. Now I was wondering, why not go for a lighter assembly instead of oe E46 clutch kit.

I read some threads about M5 parts being used on a E46 in combination with UCC flight flywheel. But the M5 is 2.5 pounds heavier then a M3 flyplate.

Can anyone inform me about my options? It's an every day driving car(whife) which I drive agressively during weekends.
UCC stage 2 flywheel in combination with?
Does the UCC flywheel make the car noisy?
Does M3 or 5 Cluch give me more torgue engagement at lets say 4000 rpm.

Whats the best option noise and weight wise.

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Walter

See less See more
#2 ·
I went with the UUC steel flywheel and M5 clutch. While not as light as the aluminum unit, it does still have some light wt effect. The M5 clutch will handle a lot more hp than the stock unit but I'm not a 4K and pop it kind of guy. There is some gearbox chatter in neutral at idle. But, only on very hot days when the Redline MTL thins out. The thing the wife may not be willing to deal with is the pedal pressure is a lot higher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.