BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Modifiziertes ///Mitglied
27,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my frontal accident, I left a stealership 8literally) fix up everything non cosmetic on my car. Being what they are, of course, they forgot to install a few things, including a horn.
Now I saw this video of a red 350Z here a couple months ago with a REALLY loud horn, and I was thinking of actually getting something like that.

I have no idea about what i need for this "mod", where to get the stuff and how to do the procedure.

I guess I would need a stock horn setup for the connectors and the actual after market horns, but would the power supply suffice, since they are much louder? And where do i find them?

Thanks in advance!

·
27,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
German police siren would work :D
Not really. i want a standard horn sound, not some siren or melody :eek:

BTW does someone still have that video of the 350Z? I loved how the people got frightened :rofl:

·
Registered
66 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkS7zleddx4

Hornblasters from Hornblasters.com it is a train horn, you need some sort of compressor and air tank to do it, I think I have seen some pics of it done on an e46 somewhere, they put it in the empty compartment under the hood. I would love to get that. Have fun with it.

EDIT: video has some language in it..so watch where you watch it ;)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
So technically if you did this down roads beside train tracks.....not as illegal as in town.....jw b/c we have some mile long roads by train tracks....and that would be fun to fly down blaring that......I might be scared to give someone a heart attack.... :D

·
27,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hornblasters from Hornblasters.com it is a train horn, you need some sort of compressor and air tank to do it, I think I have seen some pics of it done on an e46 somewhere, they put it in the empty compartment under the hood. I would love to get that. Have fun with it.

Actually that wasn't even the video I was talking about, but that is even louder! (too loud for my taste though :p)

It was a red 350Z (you see the car from outside in the end) that was also driving around scaring ppl, even some youngsters that immediately ran off as if death himself was after them :lmao:

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,597 Posts
just get a Hella Air horn. they aren't very expensive and have high pitch. they have some differnt sounds. most will sound like a ferrari horn. it just takes a +/- from your horn wires to the compressor to sound it.

·
Registered
14,794 Posts
the horn on my dune buggy is so loud...idk the brand or whatever, but its so damn loud...

·
Registered
14,604 Posts

my friend has a train horn on his show truck. it is pretty fun to go mess around with people.

but i've heard the hella super tones are pretty nice sounding.

·
Registered
14,794 Posts
holy smokes..i watched all of theose videos, and i pissed my pants...wow. thosse are so fcuking hilarious...

·
Registered
279 Posts
stebel nautilus - It's small for an air horn, and ****ing loud.

I have one, people move the **** out the way.

(I did have it mounted on a motorbike but I couldn't use it unless I was wearing ear plugs at the time).

·
27,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those Hella horns sound like constipated farts, much too high pitch. I could just get a Ferrari horn then ;)
And the Stebels aren't that much better.

I actually like the kind of tone pitch the train horn has, deep and massive, but it's just too loud.

Can't anyone remember seeing that video of the 350Z with that loud a$$ horn? That was the perfect solution :)

And BTW do these come with a standardized connection or do you need some kind of adapter?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I want a load horn. I agree with Racing.Ray ^^^ I dont want something high pitch. I like the train horn. BTW, those videos are funny as ****. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts