E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve got a 325i saloon/sedan and I’m currently changing the suspension back to stock m sport suspension. the pervious owner had lowering springs and I’m sick of them bottoming out but I would like my car to just have a little more of an aggressive look and I really like the look of wheel spacers but I’m pretty New to the e46 platform and don’t know what fits and what sizes to go for
I’ve currently got some 18 inch mv1s so just wondering what people recommend fitment wise and also if there’s anything brands or none branded stuff I should avoid
If anyone can help I’d appreciate it a lot

·
Registered
303 Posts
I believe that will be hard without knowing the wheel backspacing. Also whichever ones you get get them with the longer lug bolts

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
So I’ve got a 325i saloon/sedan and I’m currently changing the suspension back to stock m sport suspension. the pervious owner had lowering springs and I’m sick of them bottoming out but I would like my car to just have a little more of an aggressive look and I really like the look of wheel spacers but I’m pretty New to the e46 platform and don’t know what fits and what sizes to go for
I’ve currently got some 18 inch mv1s so just wondering what people recommend fitment wise and also if there’s anything brands or none branded stuff I should avoid
If anyone can help I’d appreciate it a lot

18 is the diameter, but the critical thing for this discussion is the width. Well, width and offset.

Use this link for the factory tire packages, with the width and offsets for the various options, BMW wheel style 68 | BmwStyleWheels.com.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
18 is the diameter, but the critical thing for this discussion is the width. Well, width and offset.

Use this link for the factory tire packages, with the width and offsets for the various options, BMW wheel style 68 | BmwStyleWheels.com.
hey so I think what ur asking for is the dimensions of the tyres which is
Front - 8J - 225/40/R18
Rear - 8.5J - 255/35/R18
Is this what ur after?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe that will be hard without knowing the wheel backspacing. Also whichever ones you get get them with the longer lug bolts
Would u mind linking an example? Doesn’t matter the size just so I get the idea of what u mean about the bolts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
If you are bottoming out, it may be that the PO installed lowering springs and neglected pairing with appropriate shocks and struts. The stock struts will likely blowout if used with lowering springs. As far as spacers go, nothing replaces getting under the car and measuring the gap between the tire/wheel and suspension then the tire and fender.

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
hey so I think what ur asking for is the dimensions of the tyres which is
Front - 8J - 225/40/R18
Rear - 8.5J - 255/35/R18
Is this what ur after?

Yes, the 8 and 8.5 numbers are the ones. There is also a spec that is called Offset, or ET.

The ET is the distance from the hub surface to the centerline of the wheel, in millimeters. Generally, the E46 takes an ET of 41, I gave you a link earlier that you can set the filter to the E46, and then look at the specs for the various packages that the factory offered for this chassis. I get it, you are wanting an aftermarket wheel. But you can use the specifications in the link to make sure you buy wheels that will be a direct bolt-on to your car.

This link goes to a Style 135, BMW wheel style 135 | BmwStyleWheels.com, that comes in an 8x18 and 8.5x18 and gives the offset you want your proposed wheel package to have. If the ET goes up then you will have issues of hitting on the suspension, if the ET goes down then you can hit the fenders. You can cure a high ET with spacers that move the tires outboard. You cure a low ET by moving the fenders out of the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts