E46 Fanatics Forum banner
701 - 720 of 723 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles
16,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #701 ·
Hello Bali, this weekend or next weekend I have supplied and installed all the equipment to update the engine and transmission, but I will try this for the first time, can you help me?
Yes, we can do a remote session and I can advise during the process. I have helped several people in Turkey already.
I sent my contact information in a Conversation.

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles
16,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #702 ·
Is it worth doing something like this on my 2002 E46 330ci (SSG)? I'm always hesitant to mess with electronics/ECU as I always hear about how fragile the SSG stuff is?
We should definitely update the DME.
We can also see if the EGS module for your SSG has an update available or not.
Updates are bug fixes and refinements. No negative effects.

·
Registered
'02 E46 330ci SMG
85 Posts
We should definitely update the DME.
We can also see if the EGS module for your SSG has an update available or not.
Updates are bug fixes and refinements. No negative effects.
I'm down for giving it a go, as long as we can save my OEM settings just in case this SSG box doesn't like it?

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles
16,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #706 ·
Hello Bali, this weekend or next weekend I have supplied and installed all the equipment to update the engine and transmission, but I will try this for the first time, can you help me?
Just finished up a remote session. Updated his DME and EGS to the latest versions.
Used the Signal app to message (USA to Turkey) during the process. All went well!

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles
16,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #707 · (Edited)
Hmm, damn, I think I'm out then. I've been stung by this cars electrics/ECU one too many times already :cry:
Look up the EGS assembly number and post here.

I can check if it has been updated or not and if there is a newer version available.
Can also check if your current version is available for flashing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just finished up a remote session. Updated his DME and EGS to the latest versions.
Used the Signal app to message (USA to Turkey) during the process. All went well!
Scott, thank you so much for your update help! I used my vehicle a little bit, the accelerator pedal response is better than normal, since the transmission program is new, its reaction seems good for the moment during the adaptation process. After the software update, it checked all the system parameters and checked if they are healthy. Thank you very much. You did a really great job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Bali, would you be able to assist me with some dme updating/assistance when you have time? I've done a good bit of research but hit a snag. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 325Ci M56 5MT
1,065 Posts
Shout out to @BaliDawg, Helped me today to flash M3 Manual DME software. Was helping a friend with coding for a SMG to MT swap, got stuck on the DME flash.

·
Registered
2002 330Ci Convertible
14 Posts
G'day @BaliDawg - quick one for you.
I updated my DME & EGS - using the instructions from your posts, thank you!👌 - but the (destination) DME version was higher than I was expecting.

DME (MS43.0) was at 7528064 (08.07.2003).
Going by your version history post I was expecting it to go up to 7531199, but instead it went up to 7545673.

I continued with the flash anyway (I used the 'Update ZUSG' so I figured WinKFP knew what it was doing) and all went well.

EGS updated to the exact level I was expecting.
The car is running nicely afterwards; the "surge" from the gearbox when I'd almost come to a stop now seems to be gone (Yay!!).

Any idea why the DME would have gone to the later version?

·
Registered
2002 330Ci Convertible
14 Posts
Ah....I since realised (after posting) that it daisy-chained the update values all the way along until the end....my mistake there. Should have figured that earlier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BaliDawg can I please get your assistance with my 2002 325ci. I would like all electrical modules brought current with firmware

I am located in Cali
500mbs plus internet and a Bimmergeeks cable.

·
Administrator
2004 330Ci 115k miles
16,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #719 ·
BaliDawg can I please get your assistance with my 2002 325ci. I would like all electrical modules brought current with firmware

I am located in Cali
500mbs plus internet and a Bimmergeeks cable.
On E46 only the DME (engine) and EGS (auto trans) can be updated by flashing.
PM sent.

701 - 720 of 723 Posts