E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

681 - 700 of 708 Posts

·
the people’s mod
2004 330Ci 115k miles
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #681 ·
I usually first flash the EGS, then flash the DME right after, then cycle the key, then clear errors.

It does occasionaly happen where I have to attempt starting, clear all CAN module errors, repeat, etc., a few times to clear everything up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I cleared DME, DSC, and EGS. When I tried to clear the EGS I got a non complete status error. The EGS was not NACK'ed ing. I did not clear cluster. How do I do that? Anyway the only way I could get ALL the modules to start talking again was discounted the battery and reconnect then everything came back.

·
Registered
2004 330CI Coupe 6MT
4 Posts
Hi Bali, would you be able to help me verify my current DME version & help me update it if necessary please? 2004 330CI - picking up the K+DCAN cable tomorrow. New to the whole E46 world, picked up the car 3 weeks ago but it does have that dreaded 2800 RPM stutter which I think is a telltale sign of the older DME versions, right? Thanks!

·
the people’s mod
2004 330Ci 115k miles
15,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #690 ·
Hi Bali, would you be able to help me verify my current DME version & help me update it if necessary please? 2004 330CI - picking up the K+DCAN cable tomorrow. New to the whole E46 world, picked up the car 3 weeks ago but it does have that dreaded 2800 RPM stutter which I think is a telltale sign of the older DME versions, right? Thanks!
Go ahead and setup the software from this guide after you get the cable.
How to Install BMW Standard Tools
Then install Chrome Remote Desktop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Bali,

My 04 325i has started to experience some "chug" in the 2500-3000RPM range in gears 3+. From what I gather, people have had some success resolving this issue by flashing the newest DME. If you're still offering your services, I'd love a hand with flashing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Bali,
I have the standard tools working with the cable having followed your installation guide, was wondering if you could help me out with updating the software on my 2002 auto 330ci :)

·
Registered
2004 330CI Coupe 6MT
4 Posts
Hi Bali, have all the programs set up and working on my laptop along with the cable. Would you please be able to help me out with updating my DME on my 330CI whenever you’re available?

·
Registered
2004 330CI Coupe 6MT
4 Posts
+1 for Bali. Awesome dude who did an awesome job updating my DME in my 2004 330CI 6MT. Car is totally transformed! Everyone needs to do this update asap! The forum and community is very lucky to have such a helpful source who does it for the good of the community & not money! Thanks Bali!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Bali, this weekend or next weekend I have supplied and installed all the equipment to update the engine and transmission, but I will try this for the first time, can you help me?

·
Registered
'02 E46 330ci SMG
85 Posts
Is it worth doing something like this on my 2002 E46 330ci (SSG)? I'm always hesitant to mess with electronics/ECU as I always hear about how fragile the SSG stuff is?

681 - 700 of 708 Posts