BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

341 - 360 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yes, you can look at the Assembly Number on the DME page in INPA. After you choose Engine, MS43, hit F3 to view it.
Thanks, i will check it when i visit my garage.

·
Registered
2003 325xi 5spd Manual
853 Posts
+1 for Scott, just got done driving the car around after updating DME. Definitely feeling a lot better throttle response, it's much harder to stall the car getting from a stop, it feels almost as if the engine has an auto throttle if you just let out the clutch. Much smoother power delivery throughout the rev range. Went from original software to latest, so big jump. Scott has lots of knowledge about diagnosing and coding these cars, he explained every step of the process, and how he checks all the CAN computers to double check everything, makes the process a lot less nerve racking.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome job Scott...thanks for updating my 04 325CI that hadnt been done since its birth..haha...anyways I appreciated your patience and applaud you helping out us BMW guys that know nothing about this stuff...Thanks again...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Awesome job Scott...thanks for updating my 04 325CI that hadnt been done since its birth..haha...anyways I appreciated your patience and applaud you helping out us BMW guys that know nothing about this stuff...Thanks again...
Scott is an amazing dude!! How many miles on your 04 325ci? I also have the same year and model. I'm at 169,000.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Scott is an amazing dude!! How many miles on your 04 325ci? I also have the same year and model. I'm at 169,000.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
The mileage on mine is 142kms or miles its 88234...Yes he is amazing for what he does there...very impressed...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hello other E46 enthuasists

I took quick readout from my Inpa yesterday. Car is 11/2004 produced 330CI with ZF5HP19 automatic.

Here you have screenshots from my car software versions.
I cannot find EGS software from listings?

EGS

DME

·
Registered
29 Posts
Its originally a cali car that made it's way to BC on the coast and I dont think they use salt when or if they get snow. Usually just rains on the coast. I live on the opposite side of the province and we use some weird liquid mixture which probably is just as bad as salt but I dont drive it much in winter.

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
Hello other E46 enthuasists

I took quick readout from my Inpa yesterday. Car is 11/2004 produced 330CI with ZF5HP19 automatic.

Here you have screenshots from my car software versions.
I cannot find EGS software from listings?
Sorry Antti, I missed your post.

The Assembly Number is the version.

EGS: 7546090
DME: 7552617

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 e46 325ci, ever since I got it, it had a stutter between 2800 and 3000 rpm, and some days it was rose than others. BaliDawg helped me and knew all the possible situations that could of happened. He went through everything with doing the update to my ECU. After the update the stutter is GONE. My car now is a dream to drive, more responsive and couldn't be happier. Drives like a brand new car, and I cant thank him enough. If you have the stutter, contact him and he will definitely take care of it

·
Registered
14 Posts
BaliDawg is a very friendly guy who helped me update my EGS module for me. After updating the EGS the transmission shifts are very smooth now even in sport mode. Before the update, the shifts were sometimes jerky and in sport mode the shift were almost always jerky. But after the update the shift are buttery smooth. Thanks for your help Scott!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would love to update both my MSS54HP v2501 to v2701

Also, we are trying to fix the XDFs we have for the OpenSource MSS54 XDF project as seen here, so being able to consolidate to 5 SW versions IE MSS54 US/EURO, MSS54HP US/EURO and MSS54HP CSL so that we do not have to manually update/fix 14 versions of XDFs.

MSS54-XDFs and Engine Swap Coding
_nr_

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey guys BaliDawg is the man ! Helping me update the DME and EGS(transmission) modules ! Also gave me some great insight on my M56 Sulev. I had experienced the 2800 rpm stutter/drop off and ever since the updates the car runs with more of a pep and the stutters never came back. Im going to recommend my friends with bmws also do the same ! Thanks again Bali

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also have to write in here that Scott is the man! He helped me on Sunday update my ZHP DME to the newest version. That has finally taken care of the 2800 rpm studder and the 4000 rpm dip that was attributed to the DISA opening up and triggering the knock sensors. So far both issues have been taken care of. Everything went without a hitch and went great! Can't thank him enough for taking the time out of his weekend to help out. It was great talking about BMWs also :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Another fantastic review of Scott's awesome technical ability in updating my 2004 325CI 5-speed. The DME software was the original version from the factory. I have been chasing around the usual 2800rpm studder and an erratic idle. My RPM's would fluctuate after coming to a stop, and it has even stalled on me before. Scott sent me all the info to download, and used TeamViewer to remotely connect to my laptop and go through all of the systems for me. I contemplated doing it myself, but I'm so thankful Scott helped me out. I would have been completely lost!

I need to take it on the highway and get some log files, but so far it looks like my idle and studder problems are 100% fixed. Scott is awesome!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Where are you getting the DME downloads? I can see the version numbers list, but what about the actual firmware file that is loaded?

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #360 (Edited)
Where are you getting the DME downloads? I can see the version numbers list, but what about the actual firmware file that is loaded?
There are multiple files, and they are contained within a large collection of files called ***8220;daten files***8221;, which you can download from various places on the Internet. The daten files are regularly updated and released by BMW. After you install BMW Standard Tools, which includes INPA, NCS Expert, WinKFP, and Tool32, you must import these daten files into some of the installed directories.

I have a pre-configured set of directories in a ZIP file that already have the daten files imported, the script files set up, etc. I use this same ZIP file to replicate the exact same software set up to each person***8217;s laptop before updating their DME or EGS.

I have daten v60.1 on my Google Drive. PM me for a link if you want to download it.

341 - 360 of 518 Posts