BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 330ci i bought it not to long it has a nav system but it didnt come with the dvd so i went and bought one on ebay 2002-1 s0001-0070-210 when i go to the trunk to insert the cd it just spits it back out then it goes in and back out and nothing pops out on my screen anybody have a clue to whats going on???

·
Registered
84 Posts
That part # is for a dvd, I believe yours is a cd based navi. Does it have a 4:3 screen? also a dvd based navi say's dvd right on face of unit in trunk. If thats the case thats why it don't work imo

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Mk IV NAV system was installed beginning with late model year 2002s, if I'm not mistaken. It shows the "DVD" symbol on the disk drive. Prior to that the NAV system used a series of 8 or 10 CDs (not 1 DVD) for the maps.

Here are pictures of the two systems.

If your car is a 2001, then you most likely have the CD-based system. The DVD won't work at all.

Sorry.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here is the answer to the op, he have an 01, so it is likely to have the mkIII, which is cd based (8 or 10 cds for 8/10 different regions in the US).

You went n bought the dvd disc for the mkIV unit, which will not be read by the mkIII unit.

Solution: go n buy a used mkIV drive to replace ur mkIII in the trunk, and if ur nav screen is a 4:3, not 16:9, then i suggest u get a 16:9 also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts