BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is the hose on the air distribution part that I can’t identify at RealOEM.

The previous owner let it sit for a long while and I found mouse crap and chewed insulation by the intake manifold when I removed it for remounting the starter during my tranny install

Want to replace the insulation. IMG_2790.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
i would do the whole ccv, not just a pipe cuz it's missing insul

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx all. That realoem diagram usually has things looking realistic and it didn’t quite match on hose ends so I was confused. Appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
10,067 Posts
Go to www.newtis.info and enter the last 7 characters of your car’s VIN. Hit enter and bookmark the page. Work your way to the engine section. There are detailed procedures and pictures. This is BMW’s official technical information system.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
And replace the hard lines, crankshaft position sensor, both oil sensors, all vacuum caps, and potentially the starter. You have the manifold off, git er done!
+1

When you have the intake manifold off, look at everything below it and consider the age and condition of each part and connection.

Now consider how hard it would be to access each of those things with the manifold back on.

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
3,925 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
3,925 Posts
+1

When you have the intake manifold off, look at everything below it and consider the age and condition of each part and connection.

Now consider how hard it would be to access each of those things with the manifold back on.
And ask yourself: "Do I hate my knuckles?"

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is a reference to Looney Tunes :)

Good thinking guys. Will do. The crazy part is there are three small hose, presumably vacuum lines, and I didn’t keep track what goes where!!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
3,925 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts