BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a really nice day at the Ring :) Too bad for those of you who couldn't come. Even though it looked like it might rain a few times, it held off and the track was dry all day.

Unfortunately I was only able to put a few laps in my car. First time out with my new Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires and the rears were rubbing pretty bad :( I guess the sidewall profile is a bit different from the Conti Contact 2's. Someone was nice enough to let me borrow their pneumatic lift and impact wrench to take the rears off to remove my spacers, but it just wouldn't work without any hubcentric rings/spacers :( I have some 3mm ones here at home that should work though. I also think I'm going to have to play around with different tire pressures with the Michelins too. They were sliding around quite a bit. They weren't the snap and bite you kind of slides, but were more of a four wheel drifting type slide ... the problem is they kept pushing me wide on my exits if I tried to carry a lot of corner speed. The rubber didn't ball up as much as on the Conti's though, which is a good thing. Anyway, after I sort out the rubbing issue I'll start playing with the pressures and see how they go. Overall they can't be that bad ... I was able to show another CSL my tail lights today :D

I'll try and post up a couple pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. My wife and I stopped in Kelberg to eat at that Italian restaurant on the way home ... well, it was our anniversary and all :) Anyway, when we came back out, there was a brand spankin' new M5 parked next to us with München plates (test mule?) :yikes: No, I didn't get any pics. I didn't even get to hear it's V10 :(

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dirtboy said:
hey Steve, is this the mini you ordered? :drool: heh heh
I wish! I did a lap in it before my wife did ... that car is fast, sticks like glue and has killer AP Racing brakes! Oh, you better stop making fun of Kumho tires too, because these guys swear by them and this little car will embarrass alot of people on the Ring :yikes: You can checkout some info on it here - mini-clubsport If you click on "Aufbau Renn-MINI" once you get there, you can see the start of this car being built. It's evolved from there though :drool: BTW, Autohaus Schäfer say they'll sell everything that they have on this car, including the carbon fiber dash which is yummy :bow: The first mold they made for it broke, so they had to make another one.

BTW, if you see this car on the Ring ...

stay away because it's basically the same car in stealth mode :eeps:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, 7 mm spacers out, 3 mm spacers in ... hopefully that will sort the rubbing :thumbup:

So, who's ready to go? I want to put these new tires through a few more heat cycles and see how much better they get :)

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dirtboy said:
hey, can I try out those 7mm spacers on my car - see if I like 'em? :)
They're hubcentric and designed to work with the ACS wheels ... they won't fit your stock wheels. :slap:

·
Registered
135 Posts
///ACS330Ci said:
Duuuuuhhhhh, me dirtboy ... :drool:
haha, okay ladies. :hi:

So where can I get the car corner balanced? We got ahold of some pallet scales(basically truck scales) & my weights are all jacked up.
front driver = 800 lbs
front pass = 900 lbs
rear driver = 900 lbs
rear passenger = 850 lbs

This was without me sitting in it. I've got new tires too, I wanna try em out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'd love to roll a track prepped Mini, but there is no way that Schafer would get any of my business. Although that yellow roll cage is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zam said:
So where can I get the car corner balanced? ...
I've got new tires too, I wanna try em out.
Ring Racing?

What tires did you buy?

And what did you find out about that carbon fiber stuff on that CSL? :confused: I want that trunk lid ;)

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dirtboy said:
:cry: :bawling:

At least I don't get passed by old women driving VW campers on the Ring and get caught on camera when it happens! :spit: "Hey Derek, make sure you move over to the right so that tour bus pulling a trailer can pass you" :lmao: :rofl: :neener: :luv:

:drama:

Enough of this already!!! :nono:

When are we all going back?

·
Grüne Hölle Junkie
1,656 Posts
///ACS330Ci said:
:cry: :bawling:

At least I don't get passed by old women driving VW campers on the Ring and get caught on camera when it happens! :spit: "Hey Derek, make sure you move over to the right so that tour bus pulling a trailer can pass you" :lmao: :rofl: :neener: :luv:

:drama:

Enough of this already!!! :nono:

When are we all going back?
whatever..... :blah:

how bout 3rd or 4th September???

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dirtboy said:
down day!!! :woot:
The 3rd is bad for me. We're going to eurodisney

Steve, I didnt' get any r-compounds. Just got S-03s that shouldn't rub. I'd really like to try and follow an experienced driver thru the course.

So anywhere to get corner balanced?

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Zam said:
The 3rd is bad for me. We're going to eurodisney

Steve, I didnt' get any r-compounds. Just got S-03s that shouldn't rub. I'd really like to try and follow an experienced driver thru the course.

So anywhere to get corner balanced?
I replied above :impulss: Here's their website - http://www.ring-racing.de/

So what's up with the carbon fiber stuff???????????????????????????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts