BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i kno mystic blue is the substitute for topaz blue but whats different about the two colors is there even a difference?
thanx in advance

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,748 Posts
I think mystic looks a little darker...but it could be that it's just newer paint is all. lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
it definately it different.. u cant really say specifically what the difference is between topaz and mystic, except mystic has a little more depth, and at nite i noticed, when i opened the door, the paint looked more purple on the door at that angle as compared to the hood..

amazing color..

:D

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
be different you should get

carbon black its a dark navy blue met. color lollllllllllllll
just kidding you. alot of people don't realize that c/b is really a dark blue color. lollllllllllllll
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
There is quite a difference in the two!! I have had TOpaz and now have Mystic. Mystic is much darker and deeper, almost more metallic than Topaz. It kinda reminds me of Lemans Blue. Here are pics of my old Topaz and current Mystic:

Topaz:

Mystic:

Topaz:

Mystic:

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Mystic seems more like a flip paint flipping between blue and mauve in certain lights. Topaz just seems to vary between light and dark shades of the same color.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Mystic Blue changes color depending on lighting (purple to blue). It's hard to see the color from a picture because of that. Sometimes in very bright light the mystic and topaz look very similar.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Topaz and Mystic do have noticeable differences.

Agreed, in bright light, both look identical. But, the topaz colour does look a clean colour with less aluminium in the paint. Therefore, less metallic effect.

Mystic has more depth to the paint and appears to have a tint of purple to it. The colour lifts with light at certain angles.

Almost identical light conditions and taken at 1280x1024 originally:

Attachments

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,346 Posts
Yah Topaz is a lot lighter more of a blue not so much purple

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
So they're different. I think Mystic looks so much better than Topaz though. It's almost dark enough to be similar to the Williams FW25 navy color but I need to see Mystic in person to check out this purple hue that you guys are talking about. It definitely doesnt seem to look as purple as LeMans or Velvet Blue.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Orient Blue does not seem to be a pearlescent colour - that is one which does not fluctuate tones of the colour and hues.

I selected Mystic Blue, as I had seen a car in that colour and the beautiful purple tone.

Either way, it's a matter of choice and opinion. Both colours are great. But, IMO I'd go Mystic :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts