E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My center console was wearing so I decided to replace it over the weekend. When I pulled the arm rest and everything out. I noticed a cable that wasn’t plugged into anything. I moved it next to the rear ash tray light cable. See pics attached!

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,010 Posts
Probably just standard prewiring for the cell phone.
Does your interior trunk carpet have a bunch of these?

Most of the later cars came with all kinds of extra wiring to standardize the harness and make it easier for dealers to install accessories. The center console was usually where a button was added to link the phone via bluetooth.

If your car doesn't already have an alarm then there would also be wires in the trunk for the tilt sensor, in the headliner cover for the ultrasonic sensor, and under the hood behind the firewall panel for the siren.

The homelink wires should also be tucked up underneath the front headliner panel near the sunroof motor.

EDIT:
I just saw this is in the convertible subforum, but still mostly applies with exceptions to some of the other wiring in the headliner that you obviously don't have.

·
Registered
E46 320ci M54, 2.2 170cv convertible '00
608 Posts
mine, italian convertible one, have the flat one with the light and the other one for the alarm sensor

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
There should also be an unused cable of similar design under the rear passenger side seat and another under the tray in the trunk on the drivers side, just in case you find those one day as well. The first is for an LED light that would hang on the mirror to let off-loaders know if the car would need a jump after it's long journey from Germany. The second is for the optional 6-Disc CD Changer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts