BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't shown any pics of my new zhp here yet. Sold my M3 in July and bought this just a few days after. When I bought it the front bumper had been resprayed and not only did the color not match, but it was the most fish-eyed paint I've ever seen. The dealership I bought if from thought they were doing the car a favor by covering some rock chips. I had it resprayed and while they were at it, I had them fill in the corner lenses for a cleaner look.
I've changed a few things now and just today replaced my center console and armrest. Took some before and after pics to share. Me being the dipshit I am, I forgot the trim piece that goes over the hinge of the armrest and back down under the back ashtray, so I have to order that yet. I'm pretty happy with the look though, what do you think?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Nice! Next priority if it were me would be the steering wheel, the OEM M3 wheels are too expensive on getbmwparts.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Next priority if it were me would be the steering wheel, the OEM M3 wheels are too expensive on getbmwparts.
Funny you mention that. I was looking forward to the alcantara steering wheel. It felt so nasty and dirty that I could hardly stand to touch it when I first bought the car. The first thing I did when I got back from the dealership before I even got home was stop at an auto store for a steering wheel cover.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found this when I was taking the console out. Any idea what it's for. I know when I tried to put my Dice Mediabridge in the trunk, I found 2 connectors like this instead of the 3&6 pin connectors so I thought the car has DSP. I've been told though that no E46s came with DSP. Any ideas?
ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1314487711.107579.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1314487738.061403.jpg

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I have those in my trunk and center console as well. If you didn't find the CD changer cables as well you didn't dig back far enough! They are in another cloth/velcro bundle.

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
That connector looks like something bluetooth or phone-related

Call me crazy, but I like the all tan console better. Black looks out of place unless the carpet is black

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just went digging again for my 3&6 pin connectors for the cd changer and found them. The wire bundle that was more obvious to see contained a 3 pin, 3 round, and 2 much larger connectors. Any idea what these are? Pic of wires below. ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1314500099.040943.jpg

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
the black center console doesn't match anything now, they dont sell tan euro trays? and that wrap on the steering wheel needs to come off, cut the wire and enjoy

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Ahh, now it's coming together a little! I think making the top and bottom vinyl sections of the door panels black would complete the look, but it might be more than what you want to do.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I love the color combo OP! The steering wheel wrap reminds me of my dad's old '83 Honda Accord from back in the day... :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts