E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I retrofitted my xenon light. Main came off a 2002 330ci. I had that warning light in the dashboard, so I just took off fuse 32. However, the color seems to be purely white, No blue tint. Basically there is no hint of blueness what so ever. What is the deal?
My brother has a 2002 with original xenon and they have that blue tint. What is the problem? Any one has an idea?

·
eh.
1,317 Posts
02 bixenons are not as blue as the 01 xenons.. no problem , just the way it comes... think its the bulb they use

·
99% Stock
862 Posts
Ive heard that the bi-xenons have a different housing that makes it yellowish and it doesn't have anything to do with the bulb. My '03 is yellowish too. You should check if your brother has the bi-xenons or if they were still the old model xenons.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If the warning light appear that only mean that you have not setup the computer in your car! You need to ask your dealer to set them up. Else your Xenon will die soon.

Warning the original Halogen setup will have an output of 55W and Xenon setup will have an output of 35W.

regards,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
isaacly said:
02 bixenons are not as blue as the 01 xenons.. no problem , just the way it comes... think its the bulb they use
We both have the single xenon?
Is it because I did not have original xenon?

·
Registered
670 Posts
KingRichard said:
If the warning light appear that only mean that you have not setup the computer in your car! You need to ask your dealer to set them up. Else your Xenon will die soon.

Warning the original Halogen setup will have an output of 55W and Xenon setup will have an output of 35W.

regards,
where did you get this information from?

To my understanding, it is the ballast that is regulating the power. So, it is the ballast that decides how much power will be drawn from the battery. The battery doesn't decide how much power to send, therefor, there's only 35W going to the ballast and the xenons shouldn't "die" on you. :dunno: :dunno:

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
accalsonidar said:

We both have the single xenon?
Is it because I did not have original xenon?
how does your brother have single xenon on a 02'? aftermarket also? it's probably your bulbs. get osram xenarc 5400k's or philipps ultinon 6000k's and you'll have the desired look and then some :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
simon323ispp said:

where did you get this information from?

To my understanding, it is the ballast that is regulating the power. So, it is the ballast that decides how much power will be drawn from the battery. The battery doesn't decide how much power to send, therefor, there's only 35W going to the ballast and the xenons shouldn't "die" on you. :dunno: :dunno:
I know this by experiences. I used to have those warning light and after a week of usage the Xenon start to die little by little until I go to my dealer to change the setup. Soo.. again you should be carefull. Xenon bulb is expensive man! The ballast will not working properly if you did not setup the setting inside the CAR itself.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Carlos ///Mtech said:
forgive my ignoracne but what is the difference between xenon and bi-xenon?
Xenon come with one xenon bulb which cover low bean only. Bi-Xenon come with two xenon bulb covering low and high beam

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
carlos.. you are correct but NO you do NOT get 2 bulbs for bi-xenon, that's not how it works.

it's the same bulbs for low and high beam.

and if you want the blue look, get the 6k bulbs. bixenon has a revised housing which produces more white than blue in color.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
e46boy said:
carlos.. you are correct but NO you do NOT get 2 bulbs for bi-xenon, that's not how it works.

it's the same bulbs for low and high beam.

and if you want the blue look, get the 6k bulbs. bixenon has a revised housing which produces more white than blue in color.
heeemmm I'm sure that BI-XENON come with two different XENON bulb for low and high beam and NO HALOGEN. right?

Both side will have a lens covering the XENON so that is why its whiter. So an E46 with BI-XENON should have 4 XENON bulb and NO HALOGEN, maybe I'm wrong on this one. Soo please correct me.

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
KingRichard said:

heeemmm I'm sure that BI-XENON come with two different XENON bulb for low and high beam and NO HALOGEN. right?

Both side will have a lens covering the XENON so that is why its whiter. So an E46 with BI-XENON should have 4 XENON bulb and NO HALOGEN, maybe I'm wrong on this one. Soo please correct me.
yup.. you are wrong :tongue:

comes with 1 xenon bulb for each side.. and the headlight itself rotates when you push in the lever to give its high beam (you'll hear a click from the headlight)

and it still comes with halogen (for DRL purpose & flashing ppl)
since you can't really flash with xenon, you'll end up damaging it.

this car is equipped with bixenon, hope this helps :)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
e46boy said:

comes with 1 xenon bulb for each side.. and the headlight itself rotates when you push in the lever to give its high beam (you'll hear a click from the headlight)

Yeah thanks for the explanation... So that is why people who get flash will go blind :D
Especially since mine used Crystal Vision Halogen. Too bad can't install BI-Xenon for mine :(

·
[email protected] mph 1/4...Not bad!
800 Posts
e46boy said:
Actually its been said that there is some sort of mirror that moves up and down to reflect the light higher when the highbeams come on. The headlight doesn't move up and down for highbeams. When the headlight moves its for the auto-leveling feature.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts