BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my M3 for a while now and I have a had a kid for less, eventually their paths would cross...

First let's talk about prerequisites:

I recommend the Prince Lionheart Compact Seatsaver. It fits the rear seats well and it accommodates most booster seats very well. It will protect your leather and keep it looking new. Others prefer the Diono Super Mat Seat Protector with Organizer.

Now that we have our seats protected, lets talk about booster options...

Graco is great, both the Highback TurboBooster and AFFIX™ Youth Booster Seat fit pretty decently. They are inexpensive and you can find a color to match your car pretty easily. I would recommend the LATCH system as you don't want your car seat flying around your M3 on a weekend drive.

Once you're ready to go backless (keep in mind your kid is going to have to be at least 40" and 40lbs), the best option in my opinion: Clek Ozzi/Olli. I personally prefer the Ozzi, fits perfectly in my E46 M3 the base is more narrow than the arms and it works great with the latch system. Looks almost factory.

Attached are some photos, I hope you enjoy. I don't know about harness seats, but hopefully some people could chime in. And of course, everything mentioned has suburb safety ratings.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have always bought Recaro. Except for the one time I couldn't find anything for my Lotus and went with Sunshine Kids (horrible) because it fit. The rest of them don't provide the right position for my kid to fall asleep without him hanging forward from the belt and his head flopping and dangling all over the place. The Recaros are comfortable for him. Went through three of them and he is finally outgrown his last.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kids under 8 yrs old need to have a 5 pt harness. All of the seats I'm running across are bulky and look like they'll destroy the leather.

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
///

:idea: :shhh:

Rob43

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cheap but oddly good

What is the narrowest seat available? Everything seems way too wide in my vert
The COSCO brand, available at places like Walmart, makes both infant seats and car seats that fit surprisingly well is small back seats and/or within the seat buckets. For fine in my 964 and the only one short of high end/Porsche brand. Seat protector required but they are narrow and the booster seat is smooth on bottom. All at a fraction of the cost with the biggest apparent downside being lesser hardware on he infant seat. Have only used booster in e46 due to children growing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts