E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ok, gotcha. My last question (for now) is I need to tap into the Grey connector, that is the one feeding in from the radio/nav unit? The Black connector is the amp output that goes to the actual speakers, correct?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm lost on that question.
This unit looks like it has sub amp to sub handled.
Pre-factory amp you will be tapping in to 4 wires w the LOC or something like the converter I ended up using (since my amp accepted speaker level input).

You won't be able to trace where any of the wires you are Tapping in to are going.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm lost on that question.
This unit looks like it has sub amp to sub handled.
Pre-factory amp you will be tapping in to 4 wires w the LOC or something like the converter I ended up using (since my amp accepted speaker level input).

You won't be able to trace where any of the wires you are Tapping in to are going.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using E46Fanatics mobile app
Sorry if it was poorly worded. What I wanted to know is how do I tap into the low level pre-amp so I can use the RCA taps to feed the signal into the aftermarket amp? Or is that possible? I did not get a LOC but I thought we your method I did not need it?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.