Registered
205 Posts
Tapped the Adaptor in Pre-Factory Amp using the below connections:
Left+ - 37 (yellow/black) = White
Left - - 29 (brown/orange) = White/Black
Right+ - 8 (blue/black)= Grey
Right- - 16 - (brown/orange) = Grey/Black
If you need Remote Power (this amp didnt) it would go into 10 which is White
Steve - do you have a pic of this part? And where is the pre-factory amp location? I hope its not in the driverside passenger area in the cabin is it? I thought I saw the amp attached to the side wall when I had my rear interior out to clean. I suppose the rear seats will all be coming back out since I'll be removing the factory sub and installing the new unit. Any advice is appreciated! Sub is supposed to be here on Thursday!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thats exactly where it is.
You're going to have the entire back seat out, along w and the drivers side rear panel.
You're going to want to unmount the bracket, then unplug it. Before the plug will be where you tap in.
You'll want to confirm that the numbers on the plug and the wire colors co-relate.

I originally used quick tap connectors. Ended up just cutting the wires and using Wire Nuts - they felt more secure to me.

my main advice is to check out some other DIYs on this forum. the more info you have going in, the better.
also-from my post above:
Two final pieces of advice:
1. Get a quality Crimper to do the spade and ring terminals.
2. use plenty long Ground and Power wire to the battery. Cutting to exact size will cause you issues when you re-install the trunks interior.
Thanks for confirming for the good advice. I like you idea of using the low level inputs from the pre-amp than tapping into the speaker level sub output. You're right, any extra power saved from not powering the sub would be better off for the amp and other channels. I'm sure it only has one power supply like most modern amps.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ok, gotcha. My last question (for now) is I need to tap into the Grey connector, that is the one feeding in from the radio/nav unit? The Black connector is the amp output that goes to the actual speakers, correct?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm lost on that question.
This unit looks like it has sub amp to sub handled.
Pre-factory amp you will be tapping in to 4 wires w the LOC or something like the converter I ended up using (since my amp accepted speaker level input).

You won't be able to trace where any of the wires you are Tapping in to are going.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using E46Fanatics mobile app
Sorry if it was poorly worded. What I wanted to know is how do I tap into the low level pre-amp so I can use the RCA taps to feed the signal into the aftermarket amp? Or is that possible? I did not get a LOC but I thought we your method I did not need it?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Can't I just tap into the sub speaker wires? Got my sub and started the install 😃

Sent from my Samsung S8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.