E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I bump my music, the speaker on the right side seems to rattle. It almost seems like the right speaker is blown. I have the Harmon Kardon speakers. Can anyone help me with this?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had a rattle like that on my right front door speaker and had the dealer fix it. They said that the speaker surround was loose and unclipped. They hooked it back on and it doesn't rattle anymore.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same problem. Certain notes (high bass) cause it to rattle more. As soon as I get some time, I'm taking it in.

·
917 Posts
Roy: With all the issues you are having, make a list and take it in to the dealer. If you have a good service advisor, he/she might already know how to fix 1/2 your problems..

Good luck!!

·
T!TSLVR
1,182 Posts
Hey, if i turn my HK system WAY up, i get a minor rattling on my passenger side speaker also.

ALSO............ for 2003 M3s, do you guys notice that the bass is not that loud or clear?????????? :mad:

I can switch the sub button on and off, and I barely notice a difference :thumbdwn: Is my HK sub broken??? :huh: :huh: :huh:

How are the 03 M3s with HK system?? Is your BASS loud and clear??? :dunno:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Impulss said:
I can switch the sub button on and off, and I barely notice a difference :thumbdwn: Is my HK sub broken??? :huh: :huh: :huh:
It's not a sub button... it's a spatial enhancement button... it doesn't turn the subs on/off. My bass seems fine... except for the insane rattling of the rear deck and passenger speaker. I have to take it in so it can get fixed before installing my 12" sub.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i've had the dealer look at this 3 times already..

all they did was "replace the passenger bottom speaker"...

problem is still there cause it's the cage.. not the speaker.. i'm gonna kick some ass next time i goto the dealer.

·
Network Analyst
3,439 Posts
Hey guys. Check this out...

http://forums.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e46m3/forum.php?postid=618253&page=1

http://forums.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e46m3/forum.php?postid=513269&page=1

I showed my service guy at my dealer the pic of the rubber washers

"oh, we got plenty of those."

I asked them if they could use those. They did and the difference was huge. THe rattling is still there a little but it's a huge improvement. It was for me at least.

Also, there was a technical service bulletin for rear speaker rattling.

The bulletin is, I believe, 65-13-01. They have to install some velcro straps to the HK woofer.

dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts