BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have proxxon 1/4" torque wrench too, it has been good tool. I have same question than before why you dont just took your old vanos unit apart and change seals? Or i dont know how much complete vanos unit was but i think those are quite expensive. Was there some problems with rattling? All M54 vanos units has been quiet what i have saw.
Good work and pictures, keep up good work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Damn, nice.
This is perfect!
Really clean ride, keeps getting cleaner!
Thank you very much :bow:

I have same question than before why you dont just took your old vanos unit apart and change seals? Or i dont know how much complete vanos unit was but i think those are quite expensive. Was there some problems with rattling? All M54 vanos units has been quiet what i have saw.
I have paid 290€ for the vanos.
There was no problem with rattling. But I have heard, that it can be possible, that the cylinders of the VANOS can be damaged. Sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Thank you very much :bow:

I have paid 290€ for the vanos.
There was no problem with rattling. But I have heard, that it can be possible, that the cylinders of the VANOS can be damaged. Sorry for my bad english.
Okay.. no problem, my english is worse :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
:hi: Update

Hi guys. Here are some things, I have changed during the last week.

Mounted the Carbon rear shelf:

New amp wiring:

Mounted a original CSL trunk lid:

I've owned my own car audio and video business before. Amps are more prone to fail due to overheating when mounted like that. My suggestion if you're going to mount in such way is to use some computer exhaust fans mounted in the area between the amp and the read seat. Trying push the airflow towards the back of the car. This is to try and get the heat out from in between the rear deck and the bottom of the amp. Just a suggestion bro.
Your car looks awesome BTW

81 - 96 of 96 Posts