BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Masterdebator
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I think the Z4 should have looked like (**** Chris Bangle). Anyway, tell me what you guys think of it. I'm also gonna post a pic of my friends photoshop from another angle (Frryy). You guys shoul be familiar with his work. I want EVERYONE'S opinions because I might send it to car magazines like C/D or Automobile; heck, maybe even BMW design works.

Attachments

·
Masterdebator
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's the original:

Attachments

·
Masterdebator
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here's my friend Frryy's version. It's the same basic design, but different angle.

Attachments

·
Masterdebator
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here' the original for his:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Good photshop job, but I don't see too much of a difference. Besides the lowering, clears, and rims, there is no real design change. I was expecting a radical design change from your comments about bangle. :dunno: :dunno:

·
Masterdebator
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Try to focus on the change in the front. The front is what I don't like on the Z4. I like the rest. I didn't like how Chris Bangle made the kidney grill lower than the headlights (they dont' align). Also, I don't llike how the roundel and the kidney grills are not part of the bonnet. That's what I changed

·
'a certain moderator'
36,741 Posts
u guys made it sorta look like a jaguar X-type... looks good, even thought ur changes are very minimal.

-brendan

·
Masterdebator
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you guys are missing the point of all this. We just really really hated the front. The rest of the car is just fine. In fact, I love the back. We're only changing to see if we could make a better roadster, not really to totally change te design; kind of like proof reading an essay.

·
Registered
191 Posts
the only changes i see are rims, drop, and clears?

i think the butt of the Z4 needs to be bigger, kinda like porche design... and then the front kidney grille needs to be up a little bit more... and if they made it kinda like the current 3 serie's fenders... with a lil bit of flare =]

just my opinions hahaha

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
Azn328i said:
the only changes i see are rims, drop, and clears?

i think the butt of the Z4 needs to be bigger, kinda like porche design... and then the front kidney grille needs to be up a little bit more... and if they made it kinda like the current 3 serie's fenders... with a lil bit of flare =]

just my opinions hahaha

actually i was thinking the same exact thing! i agree 100% with everything u said!

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
1,983 Posts
He changed the front bumper area too, people. In the original, it looks like one big piece. The PSed one actualyl has a better bumper line, and a higher kidney grill (which is now part of the hood).

·
Masterdebator
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ininfinitum said:
He changed the front bumper area too, people. In the original, it looks like one big piece. The PSed one actualyl has a better bumper line, and a higher kidney grill (which is now part of the hood).
thank you, finally somone who's perceptive. I wasn't going for radical change. I just thought theZ4 wouldn't be under so much criticism with its design from car mags (eg. C/D) if they changed the front bumper and hood. Trust me, I think C/D would give a ****. Anyway, I think I should have put both pics together - like a before and after thing - for the people not quite so perceptive. Worked well on my330i.com.

·
Masterdebator
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe this will help:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Oh, my bad, I didn't notice that. Had I seen Fry's version, I would've noticed right away. You must've posted that while I was typing my post. Yea, it does look nice, very nice.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Guys, you need to look at the details.

There is a VERY big difference in the pics and the modified ones suit BMW's design flow and history in the way that the kidneys are part of the bonnet with the bumper being a seperate body part.

Bangle has designed the Z4 with the kidneys on the bumper instead of the bonnet which goes against BMW's general designs!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts