BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry about the low res blackberry pics.

^ this is the car... fishbowl I know... Birdisht on B piller trim i know...

Wheels are style 293s off a z4 (2009). Fronts are 225/40 R18s ET29 (8" wide wheel)... pics

On the 2nd one you can see a little poke, treads are inside fender but a bit (8mm) of the sidewall is not

Here are the rears 255/35 R18s ET40 (8.5" wheel)... pics

Rears are about 5mm inside the fender. Car is on non-sport suspension. I want to put on H&R touring cup kit which would drop the front 1.4" and rear 0.75" which is over stock ride height... not sure with my car that has 125K Kms and is 8yrs old still at stock height, likely sagging a bit at least.

Is this going to be a problem? I was wondering if it's possible to mill a small amount off the hub of the front wheel and if this is safe... even a few mm would help. I was thinking that this plus rolling fender lips front and rear with maybe a 5mm spacer in the back would set me up right. Just wondering what you folks would think is the best way to achieve what I want which is similar looking poke (or lack thereof... close to flush would be fine with even being on the tucked side of flush preferable... don't know if it's possible with my fronts without pulling fenders) front and rear.

Suggestions welcome and budget ones like that appreciated... willing to spend some $$ but not a lot... wheels with tires (I hate runflats but oh well) were cheap at $900 Canadian... a steal that I want to make work. I think it looks good with the car but I want to eliminate some gap but still have it functional for a Canadian winter hence the mild H&R Touring route.

Comments also welcome... first pics posted of my car. :thumbup: Also if you want pics at different angles to answer my concerns and what would help let me know! (mods feel free to move to forum where I'll get the most response... wasn't sure if it was here, suspension, or general)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I space out the back a bit (say 8mm) u think I'll still be good with mild drop?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looking at the pictures it doesn't look like you'll have any problems. What I would do if I were in your shoes would be to lower it then let it settle for about a week. Then just head outside with a ruler or tape measure and see how much room you have, with that info you can determine the spacer size and be good to go. GL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts