BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on the freeway coming back from the LA Auto show, changing lane at normal freeway speed, next thing I know I heard a pop, following by bumping flat tire sound. I thought I blew out my tire so I pulled over, only to find out the rear right rim is busted open :cry: 4 of us were in the car and we didnt see anything on the road that coulda done that

Only thing I could think of is the lane reflector? :dunno: But to make a damage this bad? MVR=Cheap Rims? :dunno: or I have really bad luck? :banghead:

Attachments

·
name's PHIL
6,066 Posts
i think

u r right..........mvr is not as strong as hamann, bbs, hre's...........sorry to hear that bro:banghead: :banghead: , more unwanted $$$$$$$

·
ACS Fanatics
727 Posts
Looks bad dude

Maybe because there are 4 people in your car it did that??Or you could have hit a pothole last week or bump but the damage cannot be seen until now because you keep driving on a busted rim and therefore making it worse?

Never heard anything about MVR rims doing that maybe somebody else?:dunno:

Hope you can get it fixed

·
'a certain moderator'
36,713 Posts
i would contact MVR, try and get some compensation, because even if u hit a pothole or something, that looks like a LOT of damage....

good luck, glad u are OK that looks pretty bad!

-brendan

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What sucks is that I only had them for 1.5 month :sad: Had to be a pretty big hole to do that kind of damage, I woulda seen it I think. But who knows.

·
Thread Hijacker!!!
380 Posts
Sorry to hear that bro. But not to hijack your thread or anything, is hamann rims strong or stronger?? I'm planning to get 19's with 35 series tires. And in san francisco, there's a $hit load of potholes and there's no way to avoid every single one of them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
OMFG!!! The rim actually look like they are about to literally shatter. Rims should bend and not shatter like that. Good thing you weren't involved in an accident bro!

·
Invalid User
10,749 Posts
that is horrible!! i'm sure they'll fix it for you. if not, just start posting pics of their busted rim so no one buys them no more. i know i won't.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you guys think I can get it replaced since it is less then 2 months old? I don't know too much about rims.. but that doesnt look normal break or crack. I wasn't going fast, and really didnt see anything that could remotely do damage this bad

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wonder if the people that were putting the tires on the rims caused a little damage that led to this.:dunno: But still, good rims are not supposed to shatter open like this.

·
Registered
668 Posts
hp: you really should contact MVR, send them a pic, try to argue its a fault of poor construction and not your driving. You should also try and contact the local authority responsible for the upkeep of your roads. My friend has fukked his rim on a pothole before... he wrote to the local council, since it was their responsability to take care of the roads... and after some correspondance he got a cheque. Worth a try.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts