E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the worst luck ever, last night i hit a rock on the road and it struck my oil pan and this morning my oil was all over the place. I guess the stupid rock ripped a nice hole in the pan because its like pouring out pretty fast. Do I need to replace the oil pan and if i do, how much is my wallet going to be hit because of this?:

·
I got nothin'
283 Posts
Could try usedbmwparts.com and see if they have one.

·
Registered
254 Posts
most likely you'll need to replace it.

if you want to be cheap you could always thread a bolt or something into the hole...kinda like a 2nd drain plug. just a thought.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
6,696 Posts
JetBlackE46 said:
most likely you'll need to replace it.

if you want to be cheap you could always thread a bolt or something into the hole...kinda like a 2nd drain plug. just a thought.
Yeah, that's a good temporary fix...but he should definitely get it repaired or replaced.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
7,683 Posts
Get that fixed, unless it is a small hole you will need a new one. If you drive with the hole watch your oil level so you don't burn up the engine.

Tim

·
Registered
37 Posts
:dunno: How did the rock hit your oil pan? I thought the pan was protected by a plastic door. Did it go through it? Man is that pricey!!! Do they have to pull the engine out or something:eek:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Topaz330 said:

i hope its covered under comprehensive. i'm gonna call tommorow to find out. BTW john did you get my email?

hope so too man...good luck!

think i recieved two emails from u...the 2nd one i have yet to reply to...will tomorrow...lookin into it for u:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts