BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
While you're in there, carefully reverse blow air through the A/C condenser. You'll pick up a few degrees (increased airflow) of temperature drop across the condenser.
As a very old habit I came up with; Every-time the fan is removed, we blow out the radiators & condenser.
I have done that, amazing how many stems are sticking through the condenser. Took the top half of my home made pressure tester and used that. 1-1/2" diameter plastic plug attached to a blow gun with 1/4" plastic line so it is diffused sonewhat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I think you are buying new parts so this may not be relevant, but If you want to get the broken stem out....I suggest you heat up a screwdriver with a torch, jam it into the broken stem (plastic, right? ) and then turn it out.

I had a plastic drain plug snap on my E53. The radiator was still good, so I needed just to replace the drain plug..This worked like a champ.
I had that happen on my e36 this summer and heated a Torx bit to spin it out, worked nicely. I'll do that to this one, nice to have an original spare.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
New question, my new Nissens radiator showed up today and have 3 out of the 4 parts that came with it installed. O-rings for the main hoses and the proper drain plug assembly. There is one O-ring left and I cant figure out where it goes. Too large for the small connection on the upper radiator hose, possibly the radiator cap? Anyone know?

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Back together and leak free so far, still waiting to put the under trays back on. Took a short test drive with no overheat issues, only got it up to 84°C but I'm feeling more confident everyday.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts