BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The wait was crucial and I actually started growing a beard when I dropped it off. The beard became Epic while I worked on my patience. Here's how I looked just before I picked it up.

Good things do come to those who wait. The more I drive the more I love it. The car teases me, it loves WOT. RRT really came through as this car is sick. Almost can't believe it's like a dream. I think I'm gonna send RRT flowers for Mothers day, or maybe I'll just get them some beer...

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
hhahah i was expecting to see a supercharger after i saw 'blown'

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
i absolutely love it congrats on great find and great build :drool:

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
engine bay coming along, notice the windshield wiper fluid reservoir up top. The brackets look oem, awesome fabrication work by RRT.

and a little drop on Hotchkis Springs, and switched to 255 tires in back. The 265's were rubbing to much. These Pilot Super Sports handle amazing

·
Hawaii 3.0
5,373 Posts
sweet. you make it look easy

how much did the motor and installation cost if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
how much did the motor and installation cost if you don't mind me asking?
the motor I bought for 4,400 and it needed wiring harnesses. Installation was around 7k, but there's alot of hidden costs. If I had to do again, I'd buy a totalled M to do it

I'll try to get some video's up soon, I just never think about it when I'm actually driving.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Looks good Anton! Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
So it costed you $11k+ to put in an S54 into your car? Phew.
It cost a bit more than that and I'm very happy with the outcome.

Just the other day I ran with a e92 M3 on the highway. We went three times and I actually pulled in all three instances. I was a bit surprised to be honest I guess the tuning and the lighter weight helped me significantly and I'm sure the other driver was getting it wrong. It was hilarious though, after the 3rd run this guy gets next to me at 60mph cruising and tries to have a discussion. I only heard him say that car's not normal :rofl: and then I started laughing. The guy was talking alot but I couldn't understand the only other thing I did was him asking about my exhaust. It was too funny. I've also run up against several other cars and left most of them wondering wtf just happened. I don't street race though it's just when the opprotunity presents itself I'll give it a go.

Also recently switched back to OEM ambers all around to increase the sleep stat. Loving this car as a DD, drove down to the beach and it's just as good on multi hour rides as it is on my usual short DD work.

Pizdets !!!!
what is that?

61 - 80 of 135 Posts