E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an Alpine white 323i touring with slicktop, sport package - heated sport seats, manual adjusters. 5 MT, RWD and diffs on line LSD. Pretty clean but needs some TLC.

Working through some codes (SAP & vacuum leak related) so I can get it through inspection.

ECU sent to Kassel Perf for Euro tune/SAP delete.
Future plans is M-Tech front bumper and hopefully an M3 suspension and drivetrain transplant.

·
Banned
8,132 Posts
Just picked up an Alpine white 323i touring with slicktop, sport package - heated sport seats, manual adjusters. 5 MT, RWD and diffs on line LSD. Pretty clean but needs some TLC.

Working through some codes (SAP & vacuum leak related) so I can get it through inspection.

ECU sent to Kassel Perf for Euro tune/SAP delete.
Future plans is M-Tech front bumper and hopefully an M3 suspension and drivetrain transplant.
Your attachments on this thread aren't working. Use the little picture icon and upload them directly. Would love to see the rig!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now the search in earnest for an M3 donor!

been very happy with the overall condition of the car - it’s had a lot of owners, I think I’m # 10, but clearly mostly owned by enthusiasts! When I detailed the car I was pleasantly surprised at how clean all the jams and engine bay were.

my first FCP Euro order is due in tomorrow so I can get going chasing vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
916 Posts
been very happy with the overall condition of the car - it’s had a lot of owners, I think I’m # 10, but clearly mostly owned by enthusiasts! When I detailed the car I was pleasantly surprised at how clean all the jams and engine bay were.
How bad was the rust?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Today I finished cleaning the seats. Put Leatherique oil on them and made it a sauna with small electric heater for a few day. This morning I got out the pristine clean and buffed that out.

Starting to chase vacuum leaks - decided that pull intake plenum and replace CCV and all the hoses underneath.

·
Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
6,669 Posts
So - I should have asked this before I loaded the seats with rejuvenating oil - but can anyone tell me from front seat picture if it’s leather?

car came with sport package - but no sunroof...
They are.
The double French stitching is the giveaway, leatherette is only single stitched.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts