E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 779 Posts

· Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,901 Posts
I'm watching The straight pipes review of the M4 right now on youtube and Doug Demuro just posted his review of the M3.

The launch colors (lime for the M4 with blue interior and dark green for the M3) are so strange... I feel like the bold colors make the giant grille stand out even more than a darker more traditional color like gray or blue.

The reviews are generally positive as far as the driving experience and performance. But that styling though.

· Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,901 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage, but glad you and your family were unharmed. All things considered the damage isn't too bad.

Seems like a good time to do an anthracite headliner swap if you ask me :D

· Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,901 Posts
Well the appraiser came out and has confirmed it will be considered a total loss. He's going to get his estimate together for the insurance company by tomorrow and then the battle begins. If anyone comes across a RWD Touring listing, especially manual trans, please send it my way. I haven't seen a single manual trans listed on any of the more mainstream sites and many of the cars I've found are lower mileage, but also lower spec.

I shouldn't have a problem repairing the car for less than the settlement, unless they really screw me. I have some parts, already, and will be doing the labor myself. My hope is to get the basics repaired, suspension and airbag system, get the title straightened out, and then finish up the interior cosmetics. I'm going to contact the enhanced inspection station awhile and inquire about how viable my plan is.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Thats a let down about it being totaled. I'm not sure how salvage titles work in your state, but hopefully you can rebuild it without getting the branded title. BAT and cars and bids have a few recent listings of cars w/ manual trans. The tourings for sale listings might have a few comps in there as well. One w/ manual trans sold on ebay not too long ago, but it was cheap.

· Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,901 Posts
Jesus, the squirrels man.

We had issues here with chipmunks a few years back and it was terrifying finding acorns like that. I ended up setting a few live traps and instituting a chipmunk relocation program.

· Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,901 Posts
So I did a lot of reading on here about tire wear and alignment specs before doing this last alignment. Didn't find any exact specs, but a general acceptance that the factory settings, especially for the sport suspension, are far more tuned towards handling than tire wear. Since I've consistently had inner edge wear issue with the factory specs, it's time for a change. -2.0 degrees of rear camber seems excessive for a car that is primarily a commuter, so I think that's where I'll start. First I need to get my hands on a 27mm crows foot for those inner camber arm nuts.
The last time around when I had my car aligned they used the non-sport factory settings for camber and toe. It has seemed to help reduce inner edge wear that I was also seeing. I'd have to dig out the spec sheet to see what the numbers are.

· Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,901 Posts
The last time around when I had my car aligned they used the non-sport factory settings for camber and toe. It has seemed to help reduce inner edge wear that I was also seeing. I'd have to dig out the spec sheet to see what the numbers are.
I don't have the print out of my final settings handy, but from TIS it looks like the toe settings are actually the same vs sport / non sport,

For camber the non-sport settings just have a fuzz less up front, and about a half a degree less at the rear.

Font Material property Parallel Pattern Rectangle

· Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,901 Posts
New battery today. Despite my best efforts to revive the one that was in the car after it sat it said no more in the first real cold we had. What really sucks is it was 2.5 years old and warranty on BMW batteries is 2 years, no prorated period after.
Well that's a bummer. 2.5 years seems like a short period for it to die, but they definitely don't like to sit and get fully discharged. That reminds me I should pull the battery out of mine for the winter.

1 - 12 of 779 Posts