E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, all -

I just got my new costom made exhaust back. It is based on my design. Download it, and let me know how do you think it sounds.
http://www.mpowerclub.com/other/video/m3_exhaust.avi

Also, the person who is driving my car is Andy Pilgrim (YES, Cadillac CTS-V R driver in World Challege). More story on that later.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Holy $hit, best sounding m3 ever, please let me know what you did, currently helping my friend for an exhaust, and we hate the rasp, and i researched the rasp x, let me know how you did it. PM me if you want, thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Stealthy, you are teasing us. Fill us in on how much of a pain in the azz that was to do and if you made out OK cost wise in doing so. Also, did you gain any HP out of it. So many companies are selling exhausts with so little power gain for 1500 bucks. I was just curious if you noticed any increases in power.

·
Banned
2,662 Posts
tucker said:
Stealthy, you are teasing us. Fill us in on how much of a pain in the azz that was to do and if you made out OK cost wise in doing so. Also, did you gain any HP out of it. So many companies are selling exhausts with so little power gain for 1500 bucks. I was just curious if you noticed any increases in power.
:werd: I wanna know! Thinking of getting an exhaust very soon!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the teaser. The weather in the mid-west are just horrible. I couldn't do any photos with a clean car. and, the test with Andy Pilgrim was on Thursday. So, the car had to be ready for the track.

I like my car "Stealthy". So, right now it feature stock looking exhuast tips. When stand-still, you can't notice anything different. But, it sounds so awesome at WOT. It really screams. It is too loud in my opinion. I think I will modify it more to suit me.

More picture to come later in the day.

:)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Can you answer my question about the exhaust? Is it a full system replacing resonators or is it just midpiped. I ask because this is exactly how I want my car to sound and I would love to copy yours :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here is the pic

The exhuast is made of stainless-steel with mandro bend pipes. The tips are just plain polished stainless steel. Sort of look like E36M3 tips. Under the sun light, it actually shines brown. kind of cool looking, IMHO.

This system is brand new after the header. It still have a factory cat (cat in the header). I am pretty sure I lose low end power and gain power up in RPM range with this system. I don't think anyone out there have significant gain with any exhaust system.

I talk to the shop yesterday (tier one supplier for the big three). They want minimum order of 10 to start a small production. If you guys interested in a group buy. I think this will be the way to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.