BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my "new" bumper on this week. This is a used bumper with the reflectors removed. The reflector holes were resin filled before paint. Same thing as the euro coupe bumper... couldn't get the dealer to order one, so I had one made.

Let me know what you think about a black grille or black fog trims. Thinking about black all around including window trims. Need opinions. Thanks,

JJ

·
Registered
595 Posts
that looks so much better with the reflectors filled in...get some clears man....even the ones on ebay are not that bad...i have them and they fit perfect...cheap too

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, and before anyone gets the urge to make a comment ~ I know it needs clears!!! :banghead: Waiting for some extra mod money to do it right. ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha! Someone beat me to it!!!! Thanks for the compliments though! :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
330Ci683 said:
Haha! Someone beat me to it!!!! Thanks for the compliments though! :)

i got my tailights, front corner, and side markers for 110 bucks...not bad..and they do fit pretty well...got them from this guy at makotoauto or some **** like that...just type in E46 lights...if you can afford this car you can afford to get clears.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Souljah. I'm going to ebay now to check it out. How do the rears match in terms of OEM color with the trunk mounted lights? I was concerned about the color match with the aftermarket lenses. I've seen so many on ebay that look different from pic to pic. Just curious.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a rear fog on the left side. Do you know if those would those allow me to still use that?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Get OEM dude. I bought ebay for my car. NEVER AGAIN. It didn't even fit. If youre gonna mod, mod it right the first time.

Bumper lookin hot:)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Tabula Rasae said:
Get OEM dude. I bought ebay for my car. NEVER AGAIN. It didn't even fit. If youre gonna mod, mod it right the first time.

Bumper lookin hot:)

didn't have any problems with mine...you must've bought it from the wrong person...

why pay 250 for OEM tails when you can get one for a third of the price...not that big of a difference anyways...this is the one department you can get replicas....

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,186 Posts
looks good

to me, i kinda like the look w/ painted reflectors. I dunno why, it just kinda like a place holder. I guess since im used to seeing reflectors, seeing nothing there makes it look bare. i dunno, i would just rather painted reflectors than going through the trouble of getting a whole new bumper/filling in the holes. thats just me tho i guess

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I forgot to mention that I bought the car with a small crack and some heavy scratches on the bottom of the bumper. I needed a new one anyway. :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
TheFallen said:
ummm...

"if you can afford this car, you can afford [OEM] clears"..

wtf...

u left out the OEM from ur sentence

damn calm down...just trying to save the guy some money....it works fine for me...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, you guys can relax about the clears. I'm in the process of buying a set of OEMs, but they are used. So.... in the interest of cost, they are a good deal ~ in the interest of fitment, they are a good deal. Hopefully, the deal goes through. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
595 Posts
330Ci683 said:
Well, you guys can relax about the clears. I'm in the process of buying a set of OEMs, but they are used. So.... in the interest of cost, they are a good deal ~ in the interest of fitment, they are a good deal. Hopefully, the deal goes through. I'll keep you posted.

There's nothing wrong with buying used parts...as long as they are not damaged then you're saving money...how much is he charging you for it? i think you can get a set of brand new one at circle BMW for 220

·
Super Nintendo Chalmers
2,047 Posts
Well, I have steel blue (your car looks steel blue), and I painted my grills in Gunmetal. IMO, looks better than having black grills.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got them for $150. From the pics, they look almost brand new. I think that's a pretty fair price for OEM clears.

ininfinitum
My car is actually steel gray. Very close to the blue though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts