E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold the M3 track car, bought her an e90, and now the e46 'vert is mine.

I'm ready to make some changes, so post up if you have some grey manual sports seats for a coupe or convertible. I'm also looking for some street springs. Just want to give it a little stance. Not really looking for race springs or a huge drop.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
looks very nice. The sport seats are the best! I am currently driving a 645Ci and the seats look identical in every way to the factory sports I have in my car. not sure if they would work in an E46, but it's worth looking into.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We bought this car in Houston three years ago, but it was "hers". It was advertised as Orient blue, but we bought it anyway. It was the only blue 5-speed 'vert we could find that was affordable. Topaz has really grown on me - especially since I put the wheels & tires on it. The car gets a ton of looks & comments around here. It's a great car that needs some light mods (if I'm going to keep it).

Gotta ditch the woodgrain and get some cube (or aluminum) trim for the interior. I found some CF cloth a while back from a place called PYSpeed that people use to wrap the wood. I may give it a shot before I dive into an OEM retrofit kit.

·
Registered
664 Posts
VERY VERY nice car(s) (loving the porsche and e90)

You seem like a grown adult, especially since you've already had your fun with an M3 track car. I'd keep the car as stock as possible, with the exception of what you had mentioned: A slight drop, Maybe some clear corners/sides/tails too. And that's it. Just maintenance.

Love the wheels/color!

Any top-up shots?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You seem like a grown adult
:rofl

I'm supposed to be an adult, but I try not to act like one. I just turned 51. I never had children, so I never had to grow up.

Thanks for the car props. This 330 is my 13th (or maybe 14th) 3 series. It'll stay mild, too. I'll drop it a little and do something with the fugly interior wood, but that's all I have on the plate.

I really like these cars. I miss the M3, but I'll return to the track someday. Right now I have other priorities. I've had a couple of M3's, and I'll probably do an e46 M3 for my next track car. They're really affordable atm.

·
Registered
786 Posts
You have good taste! Mine's an Orient Blue Vert and Barbera Red on the 7 series. That is Barbara Red on the e90 isn't it? There is one in my neighborhood and it looks awesome on the 3 series.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's pretty close to Barbera, but it's called "Barrique" red. She likes it because it's unusual. I've only seen one other e90 like it.

Your vert is exactly what we were looking for when we bought the Topaz car. We looked for a couple of months before we bought, but the only Orient/tan manual car we found in the country was $29K.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I really like the Orient blue.....but Topaz is an excellent color as well. You made a good choice....enjoy it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts